How to write a driver for unsupported USB joystick?

a b \ Driver
July 20, 2005 3:09:53 PM

I got an unsupported joystick, a Gravis Blackhawk ADB (Aplle Desktop
Bus), connected to my PC by an iMate (ADB to USB adapter). The problem
is that it's only recognized as a HID mouse

how can i write a driver in C (compiling with GCC under cygwin) to make
it usable as a joystick?
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 22, 2005 9:27:58 PM

No i dont think you understood, the joystick is not supposed to be
recognized, i dont have any problem, it's just that this joystick is
supposed to be only recognized as a HID mouse. now what i want, is to
develop a driver, but i dont know how to. i thought this one group was
the most appropriate to ask this...

Sparda wrote:
> Probably no one here will know, i sure don't. Have you tried
> removing the driver (both physicly and though device manger) and
> reinstalling and other things?
July 22, 2005 11:39:51 PM

"" wrote:
> I got an unsupported joystick, a Gravis Blackhawk ADB (Aplle
> Desktop
> Bus), connected to my PC by an iMate (ADB to USB adapter). The
> problem
> is that it's only recognized as a HID mouse
>
> how can i write a driver in C (compiling with GCC under
> cygwin) to make
> it usable as a joystick?

Probably no one here will know, i sure don’t. Have you tried
removing the driver (both physicly and though device manger) and
reinstalling and other things?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Device-Driver-write-unsupp...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1319054
a b \ Driver
July 23, 2005 6:49:37 AM

"CFran" <Michel0528@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:1122078478.728515.202910@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> No i dont think you understood, the joystick is not supposed to be
> recognized, i dont have any problem, it's just that this joystick is
> supposed to be only recognized as a HID mouse. now what i want, is to
> develop a driver, but i dont know how to. i thought this one group was
> the most appropriate to ask this...

No, this group is obsolete and defunct.
Try microsoft.public.development.device.drivers
may be also microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel
By the way, to write Windows drivers you need MS compiler and the DDK, forget GNU and Cygwin.

--PA
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 24, 2005 3:35:58 AM

oh, thank you. by the way, what MS compiler do you think about? Visual
C or something like that?

Pavel A. wrote:
> "CFran" <Michel0528@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:1122078478.728515.202910@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> > No i dont think you understood, the joystick is not supposed to be
> > recognized, i dont have any problem, it's just that this joystick is
> > supposed to be only recognized as a HID mouse. now what i want, is to
> > develop a driver, but i dont know how to. i thought this one group was
> > the most appropriate to ask this...
>
> No, this group is obsolete and defunct.
> Try microsoft.public.development.device.drivers
> may be also microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel
> By the way, to write Windows drivers you need MS compiler and the DDK, forget GNU and Cygwin.
>
> --PA
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 24, 2005 1:10:39 PM

use hte compiler that comes with the DDK, that is the only approved way of
creating a driver. The ddk is free, s/h is the only cost.

Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. this alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

!