Sign in with
Your question

Emachine graphic card upgrade EL132

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 30, 2012 5:00:28 PM

Hello,
I have a EL132 E-Machine, which I use for home/games (Flight sims). However in World of warplanes the frame rate is extremely low. Have changed system prop. to reflect performance and gone to the lowest settings but still runs slow. Any idea of fo a Graphics card I can buy/install that will help? Any help at all would be great.
a c 144 U Graphics card
November 30, 2012 10:26:01 PM

Please verify that this is your machine: EMachines EL1320

If this is your system, then you have a few limitations:

1) Power supply - This system has a 220 watt power supply. That's not enough power for a decent gaming graphics card and this power supply does not appear to be replaceable.

2) Low Profile - Given the physical size of the case, you are only limited to half-height or low-profile cards

3) Slot Width - The motherboard of the system has the PCI-Ex16 graphics card slot in the bottom position, next to the edge of the case. This limits you to single slot width graphic cards. The majority of today's gaming graphic cards need the better (wider) cooling heatsink/fan assemblies which often extend over into a second or even third motherboard slot.

As an option, you could use a graphics card that is configured to use a PCI-Ex1 slot, but the ones I found on Newegg are all single slot width graphic cards, anyway.

In my opinion, while you could probably run either an NVidia GT620 or AMD HD6450 in your system, I don't see that it's worth the cost. Either card would be an improvement over the on-board graphics chipset of your current system, but neither card could be called a "gaming" card. Both are barely a step above your on-board graphics and I doubt anything better would run on your limited power supply.

-Wolf sends

m
l
!