WinXP Standby Mode Problem

I'm trying to take advantage of the Standby Mode in WinXP, but am running
into some hardware problems that is preventing the PC from going into
Standby mode. At first, it was a printer port logical interface that was
preventing Standby and that was solved by disable the Printer Port Logical
Interface. Now the message I get when attempting to go into Standby is
"the Standard 101/102 key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 is preventing the
Standby mode". Has anyone experience this particular problem and have a
workaround that you can share.

I have a Dell Dimension 8300 with the standard Dell keyboard and mouse.
Thanks for any insights.
Charlie
Charliec
4 answers Last reply
More about winxp standby mode problem

    did you install adobe acrobat or PGP? there are versions of both of those
    install a keyboard filter which is not aware of power operations.

    Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. this alias is for
    newsgroup purposes only.

    "Charliec" <charliec@invalid.address.com> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to take advantage of the Standby Mode in WinXP, but am running
    > into some hardware problems that is preventing the PC from going into
    > Standby mode. At first, it was a printer port logical interface that was
    > preventing Standby and that was solved by disable the Printer Port Logical
    > Interface. Now the message I get when attempting to go into Standby is
    > "the Standard 101/102 key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 is preventing the
    > Standby mode". Has anyone experience this particular problem and have a
    > workaround that you can share.
    >
    > I have a Dell Dimension 8300 with the standard Dell keyboard and mouse.
    > Thanks for any insights.
    > Charlie
    > Charliec
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    I do have adobe acrobat reader installed, but the the acrobat creator nor
    PGP (not sure what PGP is).
    Charlie

    >"Doron Holan [MS]" <doronh@nospam.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >did you install adobe acrobat or PGP? there are versions of both of those
    >install a keyboard filter which is not aware of power operations.

    Charliec
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    IIRC adobe type manager was the culprit

    >I do have adobe acrobat reader installed, but the the acrobat creator nor
    > PGP (not sure what PGP is).
    > Charlie
    >
    >>"Doron Holan [MS]" <doronh@nospam.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    >>did you install adobe acrobat or PGP? there are versions of both of
    >>those
    >>install a keyboard filter which is not aware of power operations.

    > Charliec
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    I have adobe type manager installed. Do I really need it for anything.
    I've never used the program, but don't know if it's needed by something
    else?

    Thanks
    Charlie

    >"Doron Holan [MS]" <doronh@nospam.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >IIRC adobe type manager was the culprit

    >--
    >Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. this alias is for
    >newsgroup purposes only.

    Charliec

Drivers Microsoft Device Driver Windows XP