Weird system crashes after upgrading (BSOD) and generally unstable.

Negatiewe

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Hello there guys.
I recently bought a bunch of new hardware so I could update my system.

New specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570k (not OC'd)
CPU Cooler: Standard boxed cooler
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V
Harddrive(s): Kingston HyperX 3k 120Gb SSD, old 1.5TB HDD(cannot recall what it is)
RAM: 8Gb (2x4Gb) Crucial BallistiX Sport 1600
PSU: Cooler Master Real Power M520 (RS-520-ASAA-A1)
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD7850 2gb OC

If you need more info(although that should be all) please do ask for it.

Problem:

I install windows from a DVD which comes with SP1, installation is successful and I boot into desktop. From here on the system gets very "wobbly" and you have to be lucky when going through different menus and so on. Generally I get a bunch of BSOD's when:
Installing updates.
Shutting down the PC to install updates.
Going though menus (windows explorer) and startmenu stuff (You know, everything related to browsing the computer)

BSOD: Something with having installed new hardware (which I obviously have, but I've pretty much stripped and reassembled the PC 4 times, each time having reinstalled and done various things like secure erase on the SSD before reinstalling windows)

Generally I'd think that this is associated with the windows install being new (the "wobblyness"), but the BSOD is what is alerting me that something is wrong.

So what I'm asking is, have anyone else experienced this kind of behavior before when doing a fresh install of windows? With this SSD or a setup which looks like mine?

Any help on this would be really appreciated, seeing how I've been sitting on my laptop for 5 days trying to make it work.

Again, thanks again and hope you can help me.

-Henrik Jørgensen

Negatiewe

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Alright, found the error, after endless days of troubleshooting. :)

The RAM was at fault, even though memtest86+ didn't show any errors after 6th pass.

Swapped the RAM with my old and it now works flawlessly(for now)