6630 Ringtone advice sought

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
Share
March 15, 2005 9:55:14 PM

Can you use an MP3 or WAV as a ringtone on a 6630, or does it have to be a
MIDI file please?

If so, how do you do it as I can't find it and I think I've looked
everywhere! (The plinky bit at the end of the NOKIA closing screen on the PC
Suite CD is really cool!! - after some butch guy says "NOKIA - CONNECTING
PEOPLE!)

Thanks

Stu
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 11:54:32 AM

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 18:55:14 GMT, "Stuart" <information@potatoroom.com>
wrote:

>Can you use an MP3 or WAV as a ringtone on a 6630, or does it have to be a
>MIDI file please?

of course u can, essentially u can use almost all of trutones types: mp3
wav, acc, amr awb..

Cheers
Get more guides and advice at:

=============================
www.symbian-freak.com
=============================

Symbian Freak introduces various researches for symbian users like:

- Error Fixes,
- Modding,
- Guides,
- Tutorials
- Ask guru form
- and offcourse a detailed forum with professional support for every single user.

To get more out of your favourite device, visit the website.

\\|/
|_______.o00o( ' ' )o00o._______|
| (_) |
| |
| Don't take life too seriously |
|you're not going to survive it,|
| anyway |
| |
|_______________________________|
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 1:57:11 PM

Thanks - but when I try to set it as a ringtone, I get "File Format not
Supported"

"-=[ apocalypso ]=-" <teo.bartulovic_i_hate_spam@st.htnet.hr> wrote in
message news:nfpf31daom3esqjtlvsc85gktp6k08fief@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 18:55:14 GMT, "Stuart" <information@potatoroom.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Can you use an MP3 or WAV as a ringtone on a 6630, or does it have to be a
>>MIDI file please?
>>

> of course u can, essentially u can use almost all of trutones types: mp3
> wav, acc, amr awb..
>

> Cheers
> Get more guides and advice at:
>
> =============================
> www.symbian-freak.com
> =============================
>
> Symbian Freak introduces various researches for symbian users like:
>
> - Error Fixes,
> - Modding,
> - Guides,
> - Tutorials
> - Ask guru form
> - and offcourse a detailed forum with professional support for every
> single user.
>
> To get more out of your favourite device, visit the website.
>

> \\|/
> |_______.o00o( ' ' )o00o._______|
> | (_) |
> | |
> | Don't take life too seriously |
> |you're not going to survive it,|
> | anyway |
> | |
> |_______________________________|
March 17, 2005 3:28:46 AM

Stuart wrote:
> Can you use an MP3 or WAV as a ringtone on a 6630, or does it have to
> be a MIDI file please?
>
> If so, how do you do it as I can't find it and I think I've looked
> everywhere! (The plinky bit at the end of the NOKIA closing screen on
> the PC Suite CD is really cool!! - after some butch guy says "NOKIA -
> CONNECTING PEOPLE!)
>
> Thanks
>
> Stu

I have the same problem. I have a phone from Vodafone in the Netherlands.
If you can, please answer in Dutch.

--
Hartelijke groeten,
Evert Veenendaal

"Evert Veenendaal" <ej.veenendaal@nospamwanadoo.nl> wrote in message
> Stuart wrote:
> > Can you use an MP3 or WAV as a ringtone on a 6630, or does it have to
> > be a MIDI file please?
> >
> > If so, how do you do it as I can't find it and I think I've looked
> > everywhere! (The plinky bit at the end of the NOKIA closing screen on
> > the PC Suite CD is really cool!! - after some butch guy says "NOKIA -
> > CONNECTING PEOPLE!)
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Stu
>
> I have the same problem. I have a phone from Vodafone in the Netherlands.
> If you can, please answer in Dutch.
>
> --
> Hartelijke groeten,
> Evert Veenendaal

Sorry I don't know Dutch, but as far as I know on Vodafone branded 6630 it
is disabled to have mp3 as a ringtone in order to buy them from their wap
site, and it is very stupid IMHO
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 12:01:34 PM

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:05:07 +0100, "Andy" <af@inet.hr> wrote:

>"Evert Veenendaal" <ej.veenendaal@nospamwanadoo.nl> wrote in message
>> Stuart wrote:
>> > Can you use an MP3 or WAV as a ringtone on a 6630, or does it have to
>> > be a MIDI file please?
>> >
>> > If so, how do you do it as I can't find it and I think I've looked
>> > everywhere! (The plinky bit at the end of the NOKIA closing screen on
>> > the PC Suite CD is really cool!! - after some butch guy says "NOKIA -
>> > CONNECTING PEOPLE!)
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > Stu
>>
>> I have the same problem. I have a phone from Vodafone in the Netherlands.
>> If you can, please answer in Dutch.
>>
>> --
>> Hartelijke groeten,
>> Evert Veenendaal
>>

>Sorry I don't know Dutch, but as far as I know on Vodafone branded 6630 it
>is disabled to have mp3 as a ringtone in order to buy them from their wap
>site, and it is very stupid IMHO

Yeah, very stupid, u need to make firmware update...

Get more guides and advice at:

=============================
www.symbian-freak.com
=============================

Symbian Freak introduces various researches for symbian users like:

- Error Fixes,
- Modding,
- Guides,
- Tutorials
- Ask guru form
- and offcourse a detailed forum with professional support for every single user.

To get more out of your favourite device, visit the website.

\\|/
|_______.o00o( ' ' )o00o._______|
| (_) |
| |
| Don't take life too seriously |
|you're not going to survive it,|
| anyway |
| |
|_______________________________|
March 31, 2005 8:35:03 PM

Stuart wrote:

> Can you use an MP3 or WAV as a ringtone on a 6630, or does it have to be a
> MIDI file please?
>
> If so, how do you do it as I can't find it and I think I've looked
> everywhere! (The plinky bit at the end of the NOKIA closing screen on the PC
> Suite CD is really cool!! - after some butch guy says "NOKIA - CONNECTING
> PEOPLE!)

On Vodafone you need to use AAC files. You can use Apple's iTunes to
covert them over. If they don't work with the .m4a extention, rename the
extention to g2c. iTunes will also rip CDs straight to AAC, and convert
WMA files. I'm lucky i used to own an iPod to most of my music is in
AAC. Its damn annoying tho!

The sooner Networks realise it is not their place to control what
content we can access or how we use it, the better. Why would anyone pay
£1.50 for a "real tone" they cannot even copy to their PC to listen to
on decent speakers.

--
Marc
See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.