Sign in with
Your question

1080p Problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 30, 2012 7:51:15 PM

Hi,
Im using a dvi to hdmi adopter (because direct hdmi doesnt work for some reason the t.v says no signal although the pc detects the display) to connect my pc to samsung 1080p t.v but whenever i set the resolution to 1920x1080 my colors get all messed up really BAD! Way too vibrant and also a little scaling options (which i fixed in CCC) but when i set my resolution to 1680x1050 or lower everything seems fine, colors become normal and all. I thought this might have to do with some pixel options in CCC but i dont have any pixel settings in CCC ( im using 12.11 beta drivers and a AMD7950)
Please help me get normal colors on 1080p resolution

More about : 1080p problem

November 30, 2012 11:07:12 PM

Check your manual to see if one of your HDMI ports on the Samsung is specified for connection to a PC. My 32" 1080p Sammy demands I use HDMI 2. If I use one of the other HDMI ports, I get less than optimal picture quality. I've been using this 32" HDTV for years with a DVI to HDMI cable/or adapter from my cards' DVI port. The cards' HDMI works too, but there are some minor issues that cause me to stick with the DVI output.
m
l
December 1, 2012 6:03:02 AM

clutchc said:
Check your manual to see if one of your HDMI ports on the Samsung is specified for connection to a PC. My 32" 1080p Sammy demands I use HDMI 2. If I use one of the other HDMI ports, I get less than optimal picture quality. I've been using this 32" HDTV for years with a DVI to HDMI cable/or adapter from my cards' DVI port. The cards' HDMI works too, but there are some minor issues that cause me to stick with the DVI output.

Thank you for the reply. There is no display on the tv when I use the hdmi cable alone (without dvi adopter) on any of the hdmi inputs. My ps3 works fine on both inputs though but i cant get pc to work on the tv without dvi adopter and still cant get proper picture higher then 1680x1050 resolution
m
l
Related resources
December 1, 2012 5:08:49 PM

Does your motherboard have integrated video output ports so you can try removing the discrete card and trying the integrated alone? That way you could tell if it is card/driver related or something else.
m
l
December 1, 2012 5:55:37 PM

Or try removing the beta drivers and installing the latest stable release drivers. Beta drivers are called beta for a reason, this could be one such occurrence.
m
l
!