innocent69devil

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
Hello,
First post here so hope i have it in the right place having a issue where when i run mcebuddy while watching tv in wmc via a ceton infinitv4 pcie tuner card it'll receive a low 3.3v warning (usually around 2.8v) from AI Suite II than will stop receiving a signal for the tv channels (all channels) until com reboot. Anyone have any knowledge of how to get a solution to the voltage warning and the tuner to run smoothly? I believe they are connected.

Almost forgot hardware
ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0
AMD FD4130FRGUBOX FX-4130
EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Video Card
Kingwin 750 Maximum ATX Power Supply
Kingston HyperX Red 16GB Memory
OCZ Vertex 3 SSD - 120GB
Seagate Barracuda 3TB, 7200RPM, 64MB
Seagate Barracuda 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB
Seagate Barracuda 1TB, 7200 RPM, 64MB
Ceton InfiniTV 4 Quad-tuner Card, PCI-E x1
Win7 Home Prem SP1

Solution
Well that tears it. You need to get a new power supply. Get a Seasonic, Corsair or Antec.

This one is a good deal at Newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139012
CORSAIR Professional Series HX650 650W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply for $100.

You can get more wattage but not at that price and efficiency. You can get a Bronze 750W for a little cheaper but I would get that one.
What is your power supply? If i read this correctly you are using the Ceton InfiniTV 4 Quad-tuner Card, PCI-E x1 and the software gives you a warning that it is receiving insufficient voltage (2.8v) from the PCI slot. This certainly sounds like a power supply issue.

Besides this issue does the card work well for you?

innocent69devil

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
Running a Kingwin 750 Maximum ATX Power Supply

it'll receive a low 3.3v warning (usually around 2.8v) from AI Suite II

Just a General voltage warning from AI Suite but shortly after a warning wmc will basically say Channel is off air for all channels.
Normally Yes flawlessly and i know the obvious answer would be to schedule the converting of the tv programs to a time when i'm not using the tuner card, but would much rather work the kinks out of the system.

I am not familiar with that brand. On Newegg there seem to be alot of good things said about that power supply.

If you have the ability to swap a power supply I would start there. The way I see it either the power supply is bad, motherboard is bad, or the Ceton card is bad. Assuming that the warning is legitimate, your PCI-e slot is only getting 2.8v. They are suppose to get 3.3v at 3A.
Check all your connections to the motherboard from your power supply. Make sure nothing is loose.

innocent69devil

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
Well I think i found the issue got to feeling around in the case and low and behold the PSU is hot enough for me to pull my hand away immediately don't have a laser temp reader but that seems abnormal to me espically since nothing is OC'ed

Well that tears it. You need to get a new power supply. Get a Seasonic, Corsair or Antec.

This one is a good deal at Newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139012
CORSAIR Professional Series HX650 650W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply for $100.

You can get more wattage but not at that price and efficiency. You can get a Bronze 750W for a little cheaper but I would get that one.

Solution

innocent69devil

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
PSU's less than 2 months old it'll follow through with the warranty procedures and see how it all pans out that will decide if itll ever look at another Kingwin again. But i was looking at the OCZ 750 for my other com happen to have any insight about this particular 1 it will go good in my NZXT Lexa Blackline case.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341041
Matches My SSD drives i got from tiger when they were $60 a peice