Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Unique problem happening

Last response: in Systems
January 14, 2013 9:00:36 PM

Hello,
First post here so hope i have it in the right place having a issue where when i run mcebuddy while watching tv in wmc via a ceton infinitv4 pcie tuner card it'll receive a low 3.3v warning (usually around 2.8v) from AI Suite II than will stop receiving a signal for the tv channels (all channels) until com reboot. Anyone have any knowledge of how to get a solution to the voltage warning and the tuner to run smoothly? I believe they are connected.

Almost forgot hardware
ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0
AMD FD4130FRGUBOX FX-4130
EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Video Card
Kingwin 750 Maximum ATX Power Supply
Kingston HyperX Red 16GB Memory
OCZ Vertex 3 SSD - 120GB
Seagate Barracuda 3TB, 7200RPM, 64MB
Seagate Barracuda 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB
Seagate Barracuda 1TB, 7200 RPM, 64MB
Ceton InfiniTV 4 Quad-tuner Card, PCI-E x1
Win7 Home Prem SP1
January 14, 2013 9:16:08 PM

If you could improve your post with sufficient grammar, I would appreciate that. I don't understand what you're asking. :) 
m
l
January 14, 2013 9:41:12 PM

What is your power supply? If i read this correctly you are using the Ceton InfiniTV 4 Quad-tuner Card, PCI-E x1 and the software gives you a warning that it is receiving insufficient voltage (2.8v) from the PCI slot. This certainly sounds like a power supply issue.

Besides this issue does the card work well for you?
m
l
Related resources
January 14, 2013 9:46:49 PM

Running a Kingwin 750 Maximum ATX Power Supply

it'll receive a low 3.3v warning (usually around 2.8v) from AI Suite II

Just a General voltage warning from AI Suite but shortly after a warning wmc will basically say Channel is off air for all channels.
Normally Yes flawlessly and i know the obvious answer would be to schedule the converting of the tv programs to a time when i'm not using the tuner card, but would much rather work the kinks out of the system.
m
l
January 14, 2013 9:59:27 PM

I am not familiar with that brand. On Newegg there seem to be alot of good things said about that power supply.

If you have the ability to swap a power supply I would start there. The way I see it either the power supply is bad, motherboard is bad, or the Ceton card is bad. Assuming that the warning is legitimate, your PCI-e slot is only getting 2.8v. They are suppose to get 3.3v at 3A.
Check all your connections to the motherboard from your power supply. Make sure nothing is loose.
m
l
January 14, 2013 10:06:17 PM

Don't have any other PS big enough to try that but i will run through and do a QC on all connections and wires to make sure they are properly inserted
m
l
January 15, 2013 12:59:40 AM

Well I think i found the issue got to feeling around in the case and low and behold the PSU is hot enough for me to pull my hand away immediately don't have a laser temp reader but that seems abnormal to me espically since nothing is OC'ed
m
l

Best solution

January 15, 2013 1:14:56 AM

Well that tears it. You need to get a new power supply. Get a Seasonic, Corsair or Antec.

This one is a good deal at Newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
CORSAIR Professional Series HX650 650W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply for $100.

You can get more wattage but not at that price and efficiency. You can get a Bronze 750W for a little cheaper but I would get that one.
January 15, 2013 1:33:08 AM

PSU's less than 2 months old it'll follow through with the warranty procedures and see how it all pans out that will decide if itll ever look at another Kingwin again. But i was looking at the OCZ 750 for my other com happen to have any insight about this particular 1 it will go good in my NZXT Lexa Blackline case.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Matches My SSD drives i got from tiger when they were $60 a peice
m
l
January 15, 2013 1:33:26 AM

Best answer selected by innocent69devil.
m
l
!