Solved

Will I be able to add a Graphics Card

Hello first of all im new to computer tech/specs so be please try to understand what I am asking.

I bought a PC from Newegg( here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227442 )

and after reviewing it comes with a Asrock H61M-HVS motherboard ( http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?cat=Specifications&Model=H61M-HVS )

with Intel HD 2500 Intergrated Graphics with some research I figured out it comes in the motherboard I think. I want to know if it would be possible to add better graphics card such as Radeon 7750 or higher I believe it does come with PCi 3.0 16 slots I think thats right now sure again sorry but I want to know if it would be able to work with the motherboard before I buy the graphics card to add to it or if possible please link a Graphics Card thats equally as good or compatible better than the Intel HD2500 it comes with.

Thank You.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about will graphics card
  1. not much of one, it only has a 300w power supply
  2. osamabinrobot said:
    not much of one, it only has a 300w power supply



    Yes I noticed that as well I was going to upgrade to maybe a 500w or 600w power supply
  3. That computer is a steaming pile of, well, you know. Always, and I mean, always, make your own PC, at least 2X or more performance to price ratio. Your computer is basically an internet/Word computer and that's it. Just as well have sent the money to me. ; < )

    With that poor power supply, you are out of luck.
  4. babernet_1 said:
    That computer is a steaming pile of, well, you know. Always, and I mean, always, make your own PC, at least 2X or more performance to price ratio. Your computer is basically an internet/Word computer and that's it. Just as well have sent the money to me. ; < )

    With that poor power supply, you are out of luck.



    Thanks for the feedback but beileve it or not this is one hell of an upgrade to my computer since I am currently running a 02 make and as well you put I am upgrading the power supply to a 500w or a 600w.

    I currently have AMD Sempron 3000+ 1.99GHz and 1.43 GB of RAM so its one hell of an upgrade for me lol but thank you for posting I will check here first before buying my next purchase.

    I really didn't want to build a computer like I said before I dont know alot and I think building one might have been a disaster
  5. Best answer
    With that power supply you can add a graphics card. This article will show you the best cards at any given price point:

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html
  6. babernet_1 said:
    With that power supply you can add a graphics card. This article will show you the best cards at any given price point:

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html



    Thank you very much you have been really helpful
    So I just wanna get this straight with my motherboard it doesnt matter what type of Graphics Card it is as long as the mother board has the Pci-e slots?
  7. yeah the pci-e slot is compatible with everything, with a psu upgrade you should be fine
  8. osamabinrobot said:
    yeah the pci-e slot is compatible with everything, with a psu upgrade you should be fine



    Thank you guys very much for your help.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics Cards Motherboards Graphics Product