Sign in with
Your question

No Signal - PC to LCD TV

November 30, 2012 11:31:37 PM

Hi there, I have a very frustrating problem. I am trying to use my 32" LCD TV as a monitor for my PC, and I keep getting a blue screen with no signal. My actual computer monitor works fine, but when I try to hook up the TV I get nothing. I've tried it with VGA, DVI and HDMI connections to no avail. There is no setting on the TV that I can change to possibly correct this, and there is no option for disabling the onboard graphics on my PC (my PC is a bit newer so it should disable it automatically anyway).
I tried connecting my HDMI cord from my TV to the PC as it was on and running fine on my monitor, and my monitor went black when I plugged the HDMI cord in. Now I am really confused. I tried changing cords - no change.
I had an ATI card up until tonight, when I received a new NVidia card, it did the same thing on both cards, so I do not believe it to be a video card issue, but a TV one. But I am certainly open to ANY suggestions!

I have searched online and on these forums and cannot find an answer that corrects my problem. Anyone have any thoughts? This is driving me nuts!

Jamus

More about : signal lcd

!