interested

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2004

I have just inserted a 1394 PCI card, but WinXP home
did not reconise new hardware. When I plugged in my
camcorder via the appropriate dv to firewire lead,
and switched on, the two software packages I have
which came with the card report no connection.

I unplugged it and re-inserted it, re-booted, all no good.

The make of the card is "Snazzio", and it has 3 identical
and unmarked sockets, all of which I have tried.

Do I have to wake up windows somehow and tell it to install
this device and find a driver?

I listed hardware devices, and there is no sign of "1394"
or the word "firewire".

--
Interested

interested

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2004

"interested" <spam@home.com> wrote in message
>I have just inserted a 1394 PCI card, but WinXP home
> did not reconise new hardware. When I plugged in my
> camcorder via the appropriate dv to firewire lead,
> and switched on, the two software packages I have
> which came with the card report no connection.
>
> I unplugged it and re-inserted it, re-booted, all no good.
>
> The make of the card is "Snazzio", and it has 3 identical
> and unmarked sockets, all of which I have tried.
>
> Do I have to wake up windows somehow and tell it to install
> this device and find a driver?
>
> I listed hardware devices, and there is no sign of "1394"
> or the word "firewire".
>
> --
> Interested
actually it's "Snazio DV Producer II" on the box.

--
Interested

map

interested wrote:
> I have just inserted a 1394 PCI card, but WinXP home
> did not reconise new hardware. When I plugged in my
> camcorder via the appropriate dv to firewire lead,
> and switched on, the two software packages I have
> which came with the card report no connection.
>
> I unplugged it and re-inserted it, re-booted, all no good.
>
> The make of the card is "Snazzio", and it has 3 identical
> and unmarked sockets, all of which I have tried.
>
> Do I have to wake up windows somehow and tell it to install
> this device and find a driver?
>
> I listed hardware devices, and there is no sign of "1394"
> or the word "firewire".

Did it come with a install CD? if not
In control panel run the "add new hardware wizard" maybe it will find your
card and install the drivers for it,or still in control panel open up the
network connections icon if you see a 1394 icon right click on it and check
that it is enabled.

> I listed hardware devices, and there is no sign of "1394"
> or the word "firewire".
It will be listed under "network adapters" in device manager, expand the +.

--
Mike Pawlak

Try a different PCI slot.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"MAP" <mikepawlak2REM@OVEhotmail.com> wrote in message
> interested wrote:
>> I have just inserted a 1394 PCI card, but WinXP home
>> did not reconise new hardware. When I plugged in my
>> camcorder via the appropriate dv to firewire lead,
>> and switched on, the two software packages I have
>> which came with the card report no connection.
>>
>> I unplugged it and re-inserted it, re-booted, all no good.
>>
>> The make of the card is "Snazzio", and it has 3 identical
>> and unmarked sockets, all of which I have tried.
>>
>> Do I have to wake up windows somehow and tell it to install
>> this device and find a driver?
>>
>> I listed hardware devices, and there is no sign of "1394"
>> or the word "firewire".

interested

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2004

"MAP" <mikepawlak2REM@OVEhotmail.com> wrote in message
> interested wrote:
>> I have just inserted a 1394 PCI card, but WinXP home
>> did not reconise new hardware. When I plugged in my
>> camcorder via the appropriate dv to firewire lead,
>> and switched on, the two software packages I have
>> which came with the card report no connection.
>>
>> I unplugged it and re-inserted it, re-booted, all no good.
>>
>> The make of the card is "Snazzio", and it has 3 identical
>> and unmarked sockets, all of which I have tried.
>>
>> Do I have to wake up windows somehow and tell it to install
>> this device and find a driver?
>>
>> I listed hardware devices, and there is no sign of "1394"
>> or the word "firewire".
>
> Did it come with a install CD? if not
> In control panel run the "add new hardware wizard" maybe it will find your
> card and install the drivers for it,or still in control panel open up the
> network connections icon if you see a 1394 icon right click on it and
> check
> that it is enabled.
>

>> I listed hardware devices, and there is no sign of "1394"
>> or the word "firewire".
> It will be listed under "network adapters" in device manager, expand the
> +.
>

> --
> Mike Pawlak

I had already tried the "new hardware" icon, using "yes I have inserted
new hardware" and "no I have not yet done so". Neither made any
difference.

When I list network adapters, only the Ethernet one which enables my
broadband connection is listed. Will this card interfere with the firewire
installation?

--
Interested

interested

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2004

> Try a different PCI slot.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging

Thanks for the advice, although it does not seem to work.
I swapped it with a card which is working, and no difference.

I am now lookng into "1394 open host controller".
I understand that I need it for operating my card.
Is that so for WinXP home ?
Anyway I downloaded it (ver. 1.1)from MS and ran it and it
unpacked into a temporary file.
When trying to install the hadware, and listing it, I advised that the
driver was in the files I unpacked, but it is looking for a file
"*.inf". There does not seem to be one in these unpacked files.

I notice that there are a number of XML files which
will not function due to security settings, and a large
technical document which is well beyond me.

Therefore the question is, where do I go from here?

Thanks,

--
Interested

deshnilesh

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2005
Hi,

I have a handy cam from Canon and this PCI Card, however, I don't have any idea of how to use it can you please guide me to connect the camera to the card, like which cabels do I need.

Any pointers would also help a lot.

Thanks in Advance,

Nilesh