Sign in with
Your question

New $1000-1400 gaming build

Last response: in Systems
January 14, 2013 10:58:12 PM

Hello all!
I am going to be building a Gaming PC in a few weeks, and I would like some advice on some parts. I intend to be playing Planetside2, Borderlands 2, and many of the current (and next) gen games at playable framerates at 1080p. I don't want to upgrade for a while, so I want to make sure i have enough power for tomorrow and beyond!
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xDlw
This is my current build idea. I have heard that AMD cards provide better price/performance, however, I also do some light work in Adobe CS and Autodesk Maya, and I believe that CUDA is utilized in those.(TBH, I also prefer NVidia cards and support, and that NVidia Shield looks tempting, mmmm xD)
Would this be allright? Any changes? Maybe any way to make it cheaper?

More about : 1000 1400 gaming build

January 14, 2013 11:41:26 PM

Normally I advise against the 670, but that one isn't a bad deal. I would still pick the 7950 over that, but that isn't a bad choice. I would look at a 700w and an asrock extreme4 if you want to sli in the future. Also, look in to other monitors. It doesn't look like that has very large contrast levels.
m
l
January 14, 2013 11:52:39 PM

Yeah, i have heard cases for the HD7950 as well, but those seem to be more expensive locally... -__-
And i wanted to keep my budget as low as possible, so an Extreme3 and a TX650. I'm guessing a CX700 won't work too well in SLI. Would I need SLI for a single monitor at high-ultra settings?
Any other suggestions for the monitor? I really appreciate your feedback.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 271 4 Gaming
January 15, 2013 12:10:46 AM

lucidrainbow said:
Yeah, i have heard cases for the HD7950 as well, but those seem to be more expensive locally... -__-
And i wanted to keep my budget as low as possible, so an Extreme3 and a TX650. I'm guessing a CX700 won't work too well in SLI. Would I need SLI for a single monitor at high-ultra settings?
Any other suggestions for the monitor? I really appreciate your feedback.

If you want SLI you will need minimum 750W. You can run a single card for ultra high if you're using a single monitor. If you're running high resolutions or you want to go triple monitor that's when SLI would come in handy.
m
l
January 15, 2013 1:27:40 AM

It also comes in handy when that is the cheapest solution to upgrade graphics in a year or two.
m
l
January 15, 2013 2:11:14 PM

Right, so do GTX670s scale well in SLI?
Everything else look ok?
m
l
!