New $1000-1400 gaming build

lucidrainbow

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
Hello all!
I am going to be building a Gaming PC in a few weeks, and I would like some advice on some parts. I intend to be playing Planetside2, Borderlands 2, and many of the current (and next) gen games at playable framerates at 1080p. I don't want to upgrade for a while, so I want to make sure i have enough power for tomorrow and beyond!
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xDlw
This is my current build idea. I have heard that AMD cards provide better price/performance, however, I also do some light work in Adobe CS and Autodesk Maya, and I believe that CUDA is utilized in those.(TBH, I also prefer NVidia cards and support, and that NVidia Shield looks tempting, mmmm xD)
Would this be allright? Any changes? Maybe any way to make it cheaper?

lt_dan_zsu

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Normally I advise against the 670, but that one isn't a bad deal. I would still pick the 7950 over that, but that isn't a bad choice. I would look at a 700w and an asrock extreme4 if you want to sli in the future. Also, look in to other monitors. It doesn't look like that has very large contrast levels.

lucidrainbow

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
Yeah, i have heard cases for the HD7950 as well, but those seem to be more expensive locally... -__-
And i wanted to keep my budget as low as possible, so an Extreme3 and a TX650. I'm guessing a CX700 won't work too well in SLI. Would I need SLI for a single monitor at high-ultra settings?
Any other suggestions for the monitor? I really appreciate your feedback.

g-unit1111

Titan

If you want SLI you will need minimum 750W. You can run a single card for ultra high if you're using a single monitor. If you're running high resolutions or you want to go triple monitor that's when SLI would come in handy.