Sign in with
Your question

Does anyone have experience with selling their GPU's? Any tips on mine

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 1, 2012 12:52:56 AM

So I want to sell my HIS Radeon 7950 on ebay so I can get a 680 instead. I've had it for 3 months and its in great condition and has had no problems whatsoever, plus the warranty has 2 years on it. I have never sold anything online ever, so I am kind of hesitant on it and I want to hear whether or not others experiences with ebay or whatever it may be went well and I also want some tips on how much I should sell it for and what not. Also, how do I even recieve the money? Do I need a paypal account or does the buyer ship money to me? Please, can somebody tell me their experiences and maybe even tell me if its a difficult process or not, I would greatly appreciate it.
December 1, 2012 1:01:07 AM

you should sell it to me, on here, for a dollar :o 

I always start with craigslist and check out what others are selling theirs for on craigslist and e-bay first. Take that into account then set a price accordingly. I sell on craigslist frequently and it goes pretty well. You get the no shows and hagglers but overall it's good.

Why do you want a 680 instead?
m
l
December 1, 2012 1:07:53 AM

ibjeepr said:
you should sell it to me, on here, for a dollar :o 

I always start with craigslist and check out what others are selling theirs for on craigslist and e-bay first. Take that into account then set a price accordingly. I sell on craigslist frequently and it goes pretty well. You get the no shows and hagglers but overall it's good.

Why do you want a 680 instead?

I'm really disappointed with AMD's drivers and such. So many games have AMD specific issues that drive me insane. For instance, in Skyrim there is an unfixable shadow bug that ruins the gaming experience. Although the performance isn't drastic, If it was rather easy to sell a graphic's card then I wouldn't mind selling it then dishing out extra for performance. Plus its a reference card, and since I get irritated by noises easily it annoys the *** out of me past 50% fan speed. I'm still not sure if I will do it, but if I hear that its a pretty simple and easy process I think I will.
m
l
Related resources
December 1, 2012 1:13:09 AM

Well it's pretty simple, take a pic, create a post and wait for someone to call/text/e-mail you. If no one does, you keep the card. E-bay is a little trickier and you will actually have to give up a portion of the sale to E-bay, a small percentage. You'll want to get paid via PayPal and don't forget to take shipping into account.
Craigslist is the smaller market but I prefer to deal local. If it's fairly priced it usually sells, just give it time. Depends on where you live too.
m
l
December 2, 2012 2:05:51 AM

Actually he wont get charged a portion of his sale through ebay.. Your first 50 sales a month has no fee.. I just sold 4 games on there and didnt cost me anything extra.

However, if you sale through ebay you'll need a paypal account to be safe. Its also best to setup a bank account on your paypal as well so your money will go straight into your bank account.

One thing to note is that if you sale through ebay you wont be paid until AFTER the buyer has received the merchandise. Typically about 3 days after they receive it and that is the bare minimum if their is no problems with shipping ect. So its not very fast to sale through ebay.. It is easy though and pretty safe. They will release enough of the money to you so that you can pay for the shipping from it, well unless you offer free shipping that is.
m
l
!