No fps over 25 with evga gtx 670 on bf3

hi there.
i only just got my new evga gtx 670 today,with 600 watt psu,and i cant get over 25 fps on ultra settings on bf3.
why is this??
my previous card was a radeon hd 6770.and had the same fps.
i have chatted to some of the other players who said something about reinstalling windows..
how would this be nessessary?
please help!i feel very ripped off.
yes i do have the newest drivers,i got them this afternoon.
47 answers Last reply
More about evga
  1. What CPU do you have? You could be experiencing a bottleneck.
  2. We need to know your entire set up.
    This will help us solve your situation much faster.
  3. quad core i5
    gigabyte z68ma-d2h-b3
    8 gig ram
    evga gtx670.
    thermaltake 600 watt.
    so angrly about this.please help me!
    i replaced my radeon hd6770 with this,but i get the EXACT same fps,maybe 5 more..i see players on youtube that havfe 80+.
    i want to be one of those players!

    Kiowa789 said:
    We need to know your entire set up.
    This will help us solve your situation much faster.
  4. Someone had same issue a few days ago this is what you need to do Turn off windows upate
    Uninstall the drivers.
    Download driver fusion http://treexy.com/
    Reboot system in safe mode and run driver fusion.
    Reboot again.
    Re-downloaded drivers http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
    Turn on windows updates Go to nvdia control panel and change all your games power options to "maximum performance". If that does not fix it i would consider sending the card back
  5. serious?i gotta do all that?what happened to just whack it in,get an update and play!?
    bigcyco1 said:
    Someone had same issue a few days ago this is what you need to do Turn off windows upate
    Uninstall the drivers.
    Download driver fusion http://treexy.com/
    Reboot system in safe mode and run driver fusion.
    Reboot again.
    Re-downloaded drivers http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
    Turn on windows updates Go to nvdia control panel and change all your games power options to "maximum performance". If that does not fix it i would consider sending the card back
  6. a couple of players ingame have recommended that i reinstall windows,would this be viable?i got the card off ebay (brand new),but i am not sure about returns.
  7. That might help you can try it but i would try my suggestion first
  8. ok i will,cant hurt
    how do i uninstall the drivers?
    im not very tech with pc's.
    bigcyco1 said:
    That might help you can try it but i would try my suggestion first
  9. uninstall the driver(s)/software in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features
  10. i did all that,when i restarted in safe mode,i ran the treexy program,deleted as much as i could from the previous card.
    i installed the gtx drivers and am about to try it out now.

    bigcyco1 said:
    uninstall the driver(s)/software in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features
  11. o.k. don't forget to go to nvdia control panel and change all your games power options to "maximum performance".
  12. that test didnt work..same result.i had a look in the control panel but cant find the power options.
    i have
    3D SETTINGS
    adjust image settings
    manage 3d settings
    configure surround (i am only running 1 monitor)'
    DISPLAY
    change resolution
    adjust desktop colour
    rotate display
    view hdcp statusd
    setyup digital audio
    adjust desktop size and position
    setup multiple displays
    STEREOSCOPIC 3D
    setup stereoscopic 3d\
    view compatability with games
    VIDEO
    adjust video colour
    adjust video image.
    sorry for my noobness but i cant find it.

    quotemsg=2859566,12,1121783]o.k. don't forget to go to nvdia control panel and change all your games power options to "maximum performance".
  13. Just to clarify, ops, double check this setting please:

    Go into NVIDIA Control Panel --> Manage 3d Settings --> Global Settings Tab ---> Power Management Mode ---> Prefer maximum performance

    Also, what programs do you have in the background? There is a known problem with the older versions of flash player that can reduce your core clock speeds if there's something like a browser video or stream running in the background. Could you also post a pic of CPU-Z? I want to check on another thing too.
  14. Hmm, this is very strange. That you cannot find it you need to tick 'Prefer Maximum Performance' in the NVIDIA control panel as opposed to 'Prefer Adaptive Performance' You'll find it under global settings one of the first tabs.
  15. i got the performance issue sorted,but that made no difference,i have uploaded a pic to my profile,gotta wait for approval by the looks..
    what were you wanting to know about the motherboard,i still have the boxinbg here next to me.
  16. Did you get the latest BF3 patch?
  17. why - your CPU might be downclocking itself, and example somehow it's still recognizing the onboard graphics (just disable it completely in the BIOS). This would be evident if CPU-Z is reporting 1.6Ghz on the CPU, which is pretty abysmal, particularly for BF3,WoW, as the game is very dependent on the CPU.
  18. Hmmm... i am stumped i cannot think of anything else.P.S. What amuffin asked you did do that right ?
  19. Yes I did get the latest patch.I play it almost everyday.I think I got it the last time origin did their update.only a couple days ago.I tried playing the game earlier today before the driver update.wouldn't even let me play.I chatted with some guys online about it and they reckon I need a better processor.1would think an i5 would be good enough.especially since I played it only last yesterday but with a different card.I am wiping my system right now.it's my last hope.
  20. lol i5 is not lacking those guys don't know what they are talking about i have a i5-2500k and run SLI 670 fine.
  21. Do you have i5-2500k ? And do you have a stock 670 which EVGA do you have it makes a 20% difference is why i ask.
  22. Well why dont you download driver sweeper ? Uninstall drivers and install new beta ones
  23. prototype18 said:
    Well why dont you download driver sweeper ? Uninstall drivers and install new beta ones
    Hes not very skilled i was going to suggest that but seems it might be to confusing for him.
  24. My concern is that the OP simply switched cards out and tried to use the new one. I know that the steps were given to uninstall the old drivers and install the new ones, but considering that the OP was having issues with the 6770, I have to wonder if the OP installed the drivers correctly. The only other common factor that could pose a problem is the motherboard but I highly doubt that.

    Mrjawsatt, while we are people are troubleshooting, lower the graphics detail in BF3 and report the performance. Also, try other games and what frames you are getting.
  25. i did do a driver sweeper,think there was only 4 out of date drivers,just things like my mouse,keyboard and audio.i am halfway through getting the bf3 update now...downloading at 154kbps makes it a long process!
  26. lucky i still have some of the boxing!
    its an i-2310
    bigcyco1 said:
    Do you have i5-2500k ? And do you have a stock 670 which EVGA do you have it makes a 20% difference is why i ask.
  27. which evga?isnt there like,only 1?its nvidia gforce gtx 670.comes with a big poster,lol.
    bigcyco1 said:
    Do you have i5-2500k ? And do you have a stock 670 which EVGA do you have it makes a 20% difference is why i ask.
  28. I believe there is actually six all together links above are five of them lol
  29. its the first one.the top one.
  30. o.k. that makes even more sense to me now why the lower performance that card is 15% slower then the EVGA FTW in benchmarks.But it still does not explain why your getting such shitty performance.
  31. yeah i know mate.i wasnt expecting to get like 500 fps,but at least 70-80 in heavy gameplay.
    as far as i am concerned,almost any 2 gig card should be more than up to scratch.if their not,then what the hell will bf4 require,a bloody 15 gig card?!?!?!

    bigcyco1 said:
    o.k. that makes even more sense to me now why the lower performance that card is 15% slower then the EVGA FTW in benchmarks.But it still does not explain why your getting such shitty performance.
  32. mrjaswatt said:
    yeah i know mate.i wasnt expecting to get like 500 fps,but at least 70-80 in heavy gameplay.
    as far as i am concerned,almost any 2 gig card should be more than up to scratch.if their not,then what the hell will bf4 require,a bloody 15 gig card?!?!?!
    Lol!I hope not and yes i read what you wrote and i will tell you right now that's wishful thinking i am not sure why sites are so misleading about it
    the truth is you should be getting 50 to 60fps in BF3 and no it has nothing to do with the vram 2gb is more then enough for up to 1080 it's when your gaming on more then one monitor or 2560x1600 that you will need more to max certain games out. ;)
  33. Yea what resolution are you playing at. I noticed you have not mentioned it yet
  34. Hell 64 maps bf3 one of my cards dips to 43fps in heavy gameplay.I usually try to be reasonable and turn some settings down and to be honest i cannot really notice the difference I'd suggest using the BF3 Settings Editor, you can set some hidden settings using this.

    http://bf3.realmware.co.uk/settings-editor/
  35. FXAA injector...
  36. amuffin said:
    FXAA injector...
    +1 :D
  37. 1080.
    Rockdpm said:
    Yea what resolution are you playing at. I noticed you have not mentioned it yet
  38. i reinstalled windows,got all the drivers and updates and whatever.played the game,got fps anywhere from 15-60,mostly hovering around 25-35.
    but now the game crashes EVERY time within 2 mins.
    i have sent the seller an email saying that it may be faulty and i would like to exchange it.
    bigcyco1 said:
    +1 :D
  39. mrjaswatt said:
    i reinstalled windows,got all the drivers and updates and whatever.played the game,got fps anywhere from 15-60,mostly hovering around 25-35.
    but now the game crashes EVERY time within 2 mins.
    i have sent the seller an email saying that it may be faulty and i would like to exchange it.
    Good for you.It's not a question of may be.I can assure you it has to be that's the most horrible performance i have ever heard of with a 670 even a 570 does better then that :( i hope they make things right. :pfff:
  40. I had the same problem with ZOTAC 660 GTX. Changed it for MSI 660 GTX TF.
    Still nothing: 20+ fps in BL2 and WOW.
    I reinstalled windows 7, tried XP. Tried all versions of drivers. Nothing helps.
    I followed every single advice here:
    driver sweeper (http://treexy.com/ ), Power Management Settings, Bios.

    Any other things I can do?
    Sistem: e6850, 4gb ddr2, 650 psu.
    Sorry my bad english.
  41. dimitry9 said:
    I had the same problem with ZOTAC 660 GTX. Changed it for MSI 660 GTX TF.
    Still nothing: 20+ fps in BL2 and WOW.
    I reinstalled windows 7, tried XP. Tried all versions of drivers. Nothing helps.
    I followed every single advice here:
    driver sweeper (http://treexy.com/ ), Power Management Settings, Bios.

    Any other things I can do?
    Sistem: e6850, 4gb ddr2, 650 psu.
    Sorry my bad english.
    Well i know what your issue is for sure your cpu is holding you back upgrade to i5 and a compatible mobo and memory your system is way out dated and not up to par with the latest games. :(
  42. Yea that sounded like a bottleneck to me
  43. Maybe you are right. I will buy some new stuff soon.
    But I still dont understand why 660 GTX gives me 35 fps in BF3 with MINIMAL settings while my old card can run it almost at 60.
  44. dimitry9 said:
    Maybe you are right. I will buy some new stuff soon.
    But I still dont understand why 660 GTX gives me 35 fps in BF3 with MINIMAL settings while my old card can run it almost at 60.

    That is because of a bottleneck.. thats like me taking a GT 610 and pairing it with a 3960X... the GPU cant push its self high enough to be on the same page as the CPU
  45. Now everything is even worse.
    Look this:
    http://imageshack.us/f/231/29989602.jpg/
    I dont know what happened. I just have 10fps now everywhere with any settings.
    324 mhz core and 324 mhz memory always.
    Even youtube videos lag for me.

    I did Bios reset and reinstalled windows. Didnt help.

    And dont even start with bottleneck. Its bullshit.
  46. What is your GPU voltage at? The thing with Kepler is they wanted to make it run on as little voltage as possible. If you have Precision X or MSI After burner raise the a tad bit. I had that issue with Assassins Creed 3 and i was told if you raise the voltage up to around 1045 it would be safe enough and you wouldn't have as much crashing.. But in your case its not the crashing its just low frame rate
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Gtx EVGA FPS Battlefield Graphics Product