Not open for further replies.

MasonP

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Hoping this week, $200-$320

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, watching movies, etc

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: No GPU, i5 3570k CPU. First build

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: 8GB RAM, Asrock z77 extreme4 mobo

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg (has faster shipping than Amazon)

PARTS PREFERENCES: None

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: Not sure. Getting a Asus VH236H 23.0" Monitor

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I am trying to decide between Gigabyte (currently out of stock EVERYWHERE I look), XFX and Sapphire 7950 3GB GPU. I have heard terrible terrible things about Sapphires RMA process and customer service, but their card is currently in stock and gigabytes is not. I have not heard much about XFX, but the reviews on Newegg seem to be worse than the other two.

I plan to possibly overclock the card a little bit, not too much as this is my first build and I am a total noob with it. I intend on using it mainly for gaming (SC2, Skyrim, GW2, LoL, DOTA2, anything Steam has for sale, etc)

Solution
I would recommend Sapphire's HD 7950 Vapor-X comes with a large dual-fan cooler that uses the company's famous vapor-chamber technology. On the Vapor-X you will also find a "Lethal Boost" button which switches to a second BIOS with higher clock speeds. With this BIOS, clocks are increased to 950 MHz GPU and 1250 MHz memory.You can overclock it even further yourself it's a decent card.
I would recommend Sapphire's HD 7950 Vapor-X comes with a large dual-fan cooler that uses the company's famous vapor-chamber technology. On the Vapor-X you will also find a "Lethal Boost" button which switches to a second BIOS with higher clock speeds. With this BIOS, clocks are increased to 950 MHz GPU and 1250 MHz memory.You can overclock it even further yourself it's a decent card.

Solution

MasonP

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
After checking them all out, I think I am going with the Sapphire Vapor X. Although Sapphires RMA and Customer Service seems sketchy, it seems slightly worth the risk for the card

Status
Not open for further replies.