Closed

Sapphire HD 7750 not loading into windows ( black screen )

Hi,
I have a PC with the following specs

Operating System - MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

CPU - Intel Core i3 540 @ 3.07GHz Clarkdale 32nm Technology

RAM - 2.00 GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard - Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. H55M-S2 (Socket 1156) 26 °C

Graphics - 1943W (1366x768@60Hz) ( AOC E943WSK )
Intel(R) HD Graphics

Hard Drives - 977GB Seagate ST31000524AS ATA Device (SATA)

PSU - Corsair CX430 V2

I have recently bought a Sapphire HD 7750 and installed it on my mobo. When I installed the drivers for the same and restarted the PC, the Graphic card does not go ahead of the Welcome screen of Windows and shows a black screen. I have tried working out the GPU on my AOC monitor with the d-sub and my TV with the HDMI cable and got the same results.

Once or twice, I got the blue Welcome screen of windows, but still does not load into windows.

Kindly help if there is anything else I should try out or should I RMA it?
7 answers Last reply
More about sapphire 7750 loading windows black screen
  1. Did you uninstall your previous drivers before installing the new ones?
  2. njoy_rush said:
    Did you uninstall your previous drivers before installing the new ones?

I didn't have a GPU before this, was using the onboard graphics card.

One thing I need to mention here is whenever I boot into BIOS with the GPU, the text has french accents or triangles in place of words. is that indicative of some error?
  3. Did you have any luck with this? I am experiencing the exact same problem (without the french accents and triangles).

I assume it is something to do with the drivers, since it conks out after the windows 7 intro screen (which uses no/basic drivers?).
  4. thejayjay76 said:
    Did you have any luck with this? I am experiencing the exact same problem (without the french accents and triangles).

I assume it is something to do with the drivers, since it conks out after the windows 7 intro screen (which uses no/basic drivers?).

You are right, might be a problem with the drivers. I've also updated the drivers but its of no use. Looked all over the web for the solutions, but didn't help. Apparently, I read that the card is on PCIE 3.0 and my mobo is on PCIE 2.0 and at times they are not compatible, so one should ask for a replacement.

I am going to the service center to ask for a solution / replacement for the same.
  5. Sent it to RMA, accepted it without any questions! Now let's see what they say!
  6. did the same. fingers crossed.
  7. UPDATE - They have given me a replacement card. I've yet to collect it, so don't know how it will turn out.

I understand that this was an issue with the card itself. The fact that he accepted the card and would replace it without much questions ( especially in India ) possibly implies that there is a problem with this series!

PS MODS - You can close this thread.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics