Should I wait?

Ive gone so long without games that I cant really imagine myself playing again~~
My card just died and I heard the 7xx kepler cards are coming out in 2013 so should I wait or should I just go with the 5/6xx cards right now? Im not actually planning to buy the 7xx series cards, Im actually waiting for the price drops.
3 answers Last reply
More about should wait
  1. What games do you want to play, and at what resolution? What brand and model (not just wattage) is your PSU, and finally, what is your budget for a new card?
  2. Onus said:
    What games do you want to play, and at what resolution? What brand and model (not just wattage) is your PSU, and finally, what is your budget for a new card?

Well Im thinking of getting a 660 now (originally a 550ti) to get some future proofing, and my psu is a pathetic no-name 400w bought by my family-.-
    quite struggling with the $$ as I expect to have the money for the 660 in early February
  3. If your PSU is a no-name, figure on it being good for no more than 300W or you risk smoking it (and possibly attached parts). In that case, the strongest card you should safely consider is a HD7770, and really a HD7750 would be an even safer choice.
    The good news is that a $45 380W Antec Earthwatts can handle a GTX660 or even a HD7850.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Games Graphics Product