Stucked Guys Need Help.

Jan3s

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
Hello,

Hi guys i really need some help on this i got some budget to buy a thing for pc.So i decided to buy this motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H my current board is p8h61-mlx.But after i decided and tell my freinds am going for it some freinds go buy 7850 instead of buying this board.
So tell me guys what do you think about this? "BOARD" or "CARD".
And please dont answer any stupid question just answer any one of them "BOARD" or "CARD".

My Pc Specs:
i5 2500k @3.3 GHZ
ATI RADEON 7770
8 GB Ram Corsair
P8H61-MLX
Powersupply : Cooler Master GX550.

Sumukh_Bhagat

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
Buy a mobo, because 7770 is enough. Not much enough but still good.

But buying a Mobo is useless. I mean that buying mobo will not increase anything.
If you Mobo has PCI 3 slot and other useful features then you need nothing extra and take a better Card.

Jan3s

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8H61M_LX/ here it is my my current mobo .. no overclocking features .. no pcie 3.0 .. no 3.0 usb .. no SSd .. no crossfire or sli.

Jan3s

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011

Am going to buy one of them on this december so tell me .. what should i get mobo or card?

Id tend to suggest that you stick a decent sized new SSD in the PC ... if you don't have one.

The mobo does support overclocking.

The card is good.

Please when your asking for advice do be a bit considerate of the users here.

Asking people just to state board or card is insulting and not likely to get you many responses.

The users here are keen to help anyone who is courteous and thankful.

Good luck with your upgrade !!

:)

Jan3s

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/I [...] P8H61M_LX/ here it is my my current mobo .. no overclocking features .. no pcie 3.0 .. no 3.0 usb .. no SSd .. no crossfire or sli.

chanelight

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
depends of what kind of "upgrade" do you want.

want more features on motherboard, get a new better board.

want better gaming performance? get a new better graphics card.

but, yeah, "upgrading" to a Z77 board is quite good too, since you are using a 2500K.

Jan3s

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011

No problem with the resolution cause i have a 19" LCD which can support 1280x1024.

prototype18

Distinguished
Well that 660 needs more power ~30W. And yes it is better than 7850.

I have the same resolution as you and with my 560 Ti i can kill every game . But my CPU limits me.

Thats its not going to happen to you :)

So i STRONGLY suggest getting a new PSU .Than get the 660.

Jan3s

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011

What will happen if i use 660 on this psu?

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
You have to weigh up the options here, First of all like said going from a 7770 to a 7850 will give you a bit of a better frame rate in the games you play. It depends on what you use your Pc for the most.
Buying a new board would obviously allow you to put extra memory capacity in and a better Cpu at a later date depending on how often you upgrade. But I do have to say if the option becomes the new card then as said a new PSU may be required, or not just have a check to see if enough amps are outputted on the 12v rial to drive the 7850 if you choose to get it.

G

is this the guy who built that?
head-up-ass.jpg

because that build is ALL cpu with taking some major short cuts with the GPU, motherboard and PSU.

first that PSU is far from any standard held today. the OEM of that model of CM was seventeem and if you would like a review of their typical handy work here is one on the 650 watt of the CM GX series:
http://hardocp.com/article/2010/11/22/cooler_master_gx_650w_power_supply_review/

replace that before getting a better card - it works now because what you're running isn't hitting 200 watts, less than 50% of load. start getting into the 60% area and you take a substantial chance of it dying on you.

get a better graphics card - the 7770 is ok for gaming at lower resolutions but if you want any better, well changing the motherboard isn't going to help. with a GTX 660 or 7870 you be able to actually use that cpu instread of it sitting just above idle while gaming with a 7770.

forget getting a motherboard! the one you have is fine until you need/want an SSD to decrease load times in booting and applications; the only major draw back it has is not having SATA III. sure you can't overclock with it but, well, overclocking isn't going to compensate for a low end graphics card. i see you complained not having pci 3.0 but guess what, it supports 3.0 with an ivy cpu, which you need no matter what motherboard you have . . .

so to follow you directions, (though i wonder why i am):

CARD after you get a PSU!

prototype18

Distinguished

Change that PSU (idk if i can name it like this) Or keep it and watch you pc DIE .

Jan3s

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011

- NVIDIA SLI-Ready Certified guarantees enough ample power and up-to date connectors for SLI graphics cards. that what's written in GX550 Features.