EA Update, meroy leak fix, Gamespy login/stats issues.

Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

GameSpy Login Issues
It has been brought to our attention that some users may be experiencing
login problems when trying to log into GameSpy through the BF2 in-game
browser. GameSpy is in the process of hunting down the problem to get it
fixed they have determined that the issue is related to web sites tracking
BF2 stats, the stats tracking feed may be turned off temporarily in order to
speed up this process. However, it will be turned back on after this issue
has been resolved.

HOTFIX Candidate Now Being Tested!
Listen up soldiers, this update is to inform you that EA and DICE have a
HOTFIX candidate for Battlefield 2 v1.01 in testing now. What does this
mean? It means the fix for the memory leak found in v1.01 is being tested
and will soon be available. While we're unable to specify an exact release
date, rest assured, it's not far off and we will keep you updated through
this web space.

Didn't link to article as the seem to have deleted it!

Lorian.

Archived from groups: alt.games.ea.battlefield,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

An update to fix the update...

--
RobertJM

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 10:18:44 +0100, Lorian wrote:

> HOTFIX Candidate Now Being Tested!
> Listen up soldiers, this update is to inform you that EA and DICE have a
> HOTFIX candidate for Battlefield 2 v1.01 in testing now. What does this
> mean? It means the fix for the memory leak found in v1.01 is being tested
> and will soon be available. While we're unable to specify an exact release
> date, rest assured, it's not far off and we will keep you updated through
> this web space.

Rumour on the icculus.org BF1942 list has it for 5pm PST...
http://icculus.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-cgi?26:mss:11251:ljpjfpmcbdfoaknlmchl

> Didn't link to article as the seem to have deleted it!

It appears to have gone back up now!

--
Omnix, PunksBusted Staff
Building a safer gaming community, one server at a time

e: omnix@punksbusted.com w: http://www.punksbusted.com