Download Speed Dropping when using Fullscreen

PLiPH

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Hi,
I've recently noticed that i get a large drop in download speed when i either play a game or watch a video on full screen.
I first noticed it when using a program called jDownloader. I contacted the developer and he told me to increase the priority of the task "javaw.exe". This did not solve the problem. The problem also occurs during any form of downloading (Steam or browsers. I haven't tested torrents yet.)

Any advice or information on the problem would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Also, i'm sorry if this is not in the correct section.

djsilverwave

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
I'm having the same problem since I bought my PC 2 years ago. I never found the solution. I'm all hears if anyone has solution.

To check out if this could be caused by an hardware our system share, let's list what I have :

- Intel q9550 quad 2.8 ghz
- ATI 6950 2GB (problem existed before having this card)
- 4x 2GB KVR1333D3N9 RAM (Kingston)
- DP45SG motherboard with 08.00.10 drivers (02/08/08, I think it's the lastest, I've flashed 6 months ago. Problem existed before flashing so must not be it)
- D-Link DWA 552 XTreme N wireless network card with 1.7 drivers
- IDT High Definition audio codecs - audio drivers (on-board sound chip) (I'm not sure about the version of the drivers but here's the name of the last version file I've installed : AUD_ALLOS_6224.7_PV_IDTGUI_V186.exe)
- Windows 7 ultra SP1 (problem existed before and after SP1 update)

I highly suspect the soundcard or, obviously, the network card.

djsilverwave

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
Actually, I've found newest sound drivers on Intel's website. They are stated as 1.0.6224.6 drivers but when you install, it shows as 1.0.6360.

Download speeds seem to be slowing down by half but it's not completly stopping since I've installed the new drivers. I don't know if it's really related though.