Still a gtx 690 performance problem

siriuslee

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
Morning, i have a performance problem with my gtx 690, about 3-4 weeks ago i posted on here about a gtx 680 sli performance problem consisting in low fps (the same as i used to get with my old gtx 590), at the time my system specs was:

Antec HCG 900w PSU
Asus extreme III x58 mainboard
6GB Corsair dominator GT DDR3 ram @2000mhz
Intel i7 960 CPU@3.2Ghz
MSI GTX 680 SLI
2x WD Black Caviar 64mb cache 1TB in RAID 0
Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit

about a week later i thought it might had been the cards so i rma it for a asus gtx 690, but the problem was the same (no increase at all). When i posted on here that the problem still remained, people was saying i should change to windows 7 as vista was not really any good for gaming, so yesterday i upgraded my pc to windows 7 ultimate 64bit, and purchased the following

Asus Rampage iv Extreme x79
2 x Corsair Neutron series GTX 240GB Sata 3 in RAID 0
i7 2011 3930k cpu @3.2ghz

the actual windows side of things is miles better it loads faster, the system rating is 7.9 apart from the cpu which is 7.8 (which was 5.9 in vista but it might have increased because i am using 7). I have updated all the latest updates from the asus website including the bios to 3204 and installed all available window updates, i have the latest nvidia driver even tried the one from the dvd. but i am really stuck in the fact that my new components are miles better/faster windows 7 seems faster but the gaming performance fps etc... is still the same as my other set up of the gtx 680 in sli as well as being the same as my old gtx 590. The only things i have not changed is the psu, ram and my dvd drive which the games are online anyway.

My psu they say on the websites and on antec that the 12v rails are enough for the gtx 680/690 but i am wondering if they really are enough, if not could it be the ram. lol i am even thinking of paying someone if they come up with the solution that fixes it. in total mb, cpu, gtx 690,heatsink (which the 2011 dont come with), the 2 ssd's and windows 7 cost just over £2000. So as you can tell i am slightly pissed off.