FunkyGroove

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
Hello, yesterday I was just strolling thru the interwebs, when suddenly my screen went black. Tried to start the computer up in safe mode and in low-res, nothing worked, so I re-installed my windows. Everything was fine again, until I installed both Cpu and Gpu drivers, then the computer would go up to the welcome loading ( http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8675/windows7welcome.jpg ) and I'd hear the windows sounds, thou I'd have a black screen and my tv/monitor would show that it's not hooked up to the computer. Also, if I set my res in safe mode bigger than 800x600, the only thing I'd see is a the very top of the screen ( where it says "Safe Mode" on both sides ), and the screen is around the size of the mouse cursor. Right now I'm sitting in the normal windows ( not safe mode), without any cpu/gpu drivers installed and everything is working fine, so I really don't have any idea what I should do. Suggestions?

FunkyGroove

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
And one last thing, I just tried out the resolution and I can go up to 1280x1200 resolution, thou the 1600x1200 resolution will give me the small screen thingy, which I mentioned before.

FunkyGroove

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012

Like I said, I did a fresh install. Nvidia drivers which I install from either the cd provided or downloaded from their website. Once I install the gpu drivers I can only go to safe mode, since starting windows normally gives that black screen.