Solved

Is my Configuration Good

hi guys
i want to UPDATE my old PC with the following components, i decided to update my whole PC including "mother board ; RAM ; CPU ;Graphic Card " :sol:

here are the changes i am gonna make, and i need your help to decide is it a good CONFIGURATION or not.
plz help me to update my PC. if you think is it not good, then plz suggest some changes

MOTHER BOARD => Gigabyte GA-G41M

CPU => Intel Core-2-quad q8400

Graphic Card => MSI AMD/ATI R6670 MD1GD5 1 GB DDR5

PSU => Cooler Master Thunder 500W 500 Watts OR Corsair VS550 550 Watt "i am confused in these two !" :pt1cable:

i am a casual gamer, i like to play games on medium to high Graphic and i don't to a lot of multitasking but some times while using internet i do multitask

i want to play games like "hitman absolution, battle field 2 and 3 .etc"

as you can see this is BELOW 20k (Indian Rupee)
i request you to suggest some good changes in this within the range of 20k
18 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about configuration good
  1. This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
  2. Best answer
  3. +1 to sumukh recommandation :)
  4. Don't get a cooler master PSU.
    Just get the Corsair Cx430 (2600 bucks at flipkart) and buy what sumukh said an you will have the best bang for the buck!
  5. good recommandation jaideep, i recommand often cx430 very nice for price.
  6. woow you guys are great thanks for the reply

i will definitely make those changes :D

----------------
    i am currently using a 300 watt PSU :fou:

but i still have a Doubt, will it be enough ! :sarcastic:

--------------
    i have a another question, can you guys tell me a good HHD to support this motherboard ? as i found that my old HHD will not work on this :ouch:
  7. 250-300 watts not a big difference when its generic lowquality like hp powersupply u have. its prob enought but the quality of the current isnt high quality, id advise against it but ur welcome to try, but if it frys dont say i dint warn u.

ask the chickenman, what he thinks, hes from india.
  8. iceclock said:
    250-300 watts not a big difference when its generic lowquality like hp powersupply u have. its prob enought but the quality of the current isnt high quality, id advise against it but ur welcome to try, but if it frys dont say i dint warn u.

ask the chickenman, what he thinks, hes from india.

well thanks for the advice i think i will also update my PSU "but after a 1-2 month " till then i will use my 300w PSU :na:

is that a good idea? :bounce:
  9. i guess but theres a possibility it might fail and fry ur stuff tho.
  10. wow thats a bad news now !

ok i will go for the new PSU

----------
    iceclock

what rating will you give my computer after all this updates ?
  11. witch updates?
  12. After this update, You'll play most Games on High with Good fps.

And if you have the Money then get the CX430 or else Most unknown 300w PSU handle a 7750 good.
    But I don't give a guarantee :lol:
  13. yeah that cx430 is real nice.

thanks for the help mister sumukh_bhagat
  14. ok now i have only one problem to solve that is about the HHD plzz
    help me, i am updating my PC for the first time and i don't have much money to spent

can you guys suggest me a good HHD without disturbing the whole budget "i can get a HHD within the range of 2000 (indian rupee)"
  15. http://www.flipkart.com/intel-asus-intel-3-3-ghz-fclga1155-core-i3-2120-processor-asus-p8h61-ml-combo-motherboard/p/itmdez2ufgz2hcgf?pid=CMBDEMYHW3QZTZKU&ref=cc10c264-66af-4713-b0cd-821305ebfb84

mobo+cpu combo=10160 rupees

ram:2034 roopees

G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 2 GB (1 x 2 GB) PC RAM (F3-12800CL9S-2GBXL)

powersupply:Rs. 2674

http://www.flipkart.com/seasonic-ss400bt-psu/p/itmdfbeqezgmgggf?pid=PSUDFBEPQB2ZCCMS&ref=4be21fd1-72b2-4a0e-b1ce-f2f25cf60c64

hard-drive:Rs. 3544

Seagate Barracuda 500 GB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (ST500DM002)

total:18412 rupees and u can reuse ur 6670 :)
  16. ok among these CPU which one is better for gaming
    => Intel core-2-quad q8400
    => Intel I3 3220
    => Intel I3 2120
  17. Intel I3 3220 and 2120 both similar, but i got a deal for u on the 2120 :)

3220 been newer id recommand it if u can get a deal on it.
  18. Best answer selected by hitman_4761.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Configuration Systems Product