AMD Radeon HD Dual Graphics Help

GeneralWarlord

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
I Have AMD Radeon Dual Graphics with an AMD Radeon HD 6520G and a AMD Radeon HD 6750m. The thing is that every game or such tells me that the default graphics card is the 6520g and games dont perform particularly well or as good as i want them too. My Question is, id the 6750m better than the 6520g and if so how do i run the 6750m as the default card over the other one. I just want to play my games (games like Far cry 2, fallout 3, dead rising 2 etc.) at highest settings with a constant 60fps.

Btw is there a way to do all this through the catalyst control center?

My System Specs.

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor: AMD A6-3410MX APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 1600 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB
Hard Disk: 580 GB
Graphics: As Listed

It's a laptop btw

Solution
For a desktop, but theoretically it should more or less work the same way.

Q3: I just bought an AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series graphics card. How do I configure my PC to take advantage of AMD Radeon™ Dual Graphics?

A3: To take advantage of AMD Radeon™ Dual Graphics, you must use a compatible AMD A-Series APU to pair with your supported AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series card. After installation of your graphics card, install the latest AMD graphics drivers. After driver installation, the option to enable AMD Radeon™ Dual Graphics should become available in the AMD VISION Engine Control Center.

Once installed, go into the “Performance” section of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center and check the box that says 'Enable Crossfire™' - this will...

Spaniard United

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
For a desktop, but theoretically it should more or less work the same way.

Q3: I just bought an AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series graphics card. How do I configure my PC to take advantage of AMD Radeon™ Dual Graphics?

A3: To take advantage of AMD Radeon™ Dual Graphics, you must use a compatible AMD A-Series APU to pair with your supported AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series card. After installation of your graphics card, install the latest AMD graphics drivers. After driver installation, the option to enable AMD Radeon™ Dual Graphics should become available in the AMD VISION Engine Control Center.

Once installed, go into the “Performance” section of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center and check the box that says 'Enable Crossfire™' - this will allow the AMD A-Series APU graphics to work in tandem with the select AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series GPU installed for increased graphics performance.

http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/dual-graphics/Pages/dual-graphics.aspx#4

Solution

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

That's funny, medium-high, with no AA, shadows low, at 720 p and skyrim runs fairly ok on a 6620g.

Ultra? Doubtful.