Windows upgrade brings eyefinity issues during gaming.

ONR Jake

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
I'm very new to eyefinity, I bought a 7950 a few weeks ago, and have been enjoying games on 3 screens ever since. A couple of days ago, I upgraded to windows 8. I noticed I was having issues in most of my games in eyefinity afterwords. I completely reinstalled and reconfigured my presets in CCC. That didn't fix it. I spent time changing every graphical/display setting in the games in question, then I completely deleted steam, reinstalled it, thinking that if it installed the steam for windows 8, and the games as well, maybe that would fix it. It didn't. My specific problems I've ran into so far that I'd really like to deal with:

In F1 2012. My HUD is no longer on the center screen, and my main menu/menu options/ notifications are stretched across all 3 screens making them hard to read. In windows 7, right out of the box on the proper display resolution, the HUD was centered, and the menu items all displayed on the center screen and were proportionate. I can't seem to figure this out. The game is still playable, but I much rather prefer to have my HUD centered, it makes it much less enjoyable.

Hitman: Absolution: When I change my resolution to 59xx x 1080, rather than the game take up all 3 screens like it did during windows 7, now, it goes into "widescreen" mode, but it just takes up the middle third of my center screen, and leaves the outside 2 monitors blank.

I'm sure there are other problems as well, but I'm wondering if there's something here that I'm missing. Maybe a setting in the CCC? I tried to set everything up completely identical to how it was in windows 7, yet these 2 games and possibly others I've yet to try react completely differently. Hitman is unplayable, and F1 2012 isn't optimal. Any ideas??

ONR Jake

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
I did. I upgraded everything. I got so frustrated the other day I actually deleted everything related to AMD or CCC, and reinstalled using their latest version. I even deleted the games, and reinstalled them (took hours but I wasn't by the computer anyway while it happened). I was hoping, that the games had been downloaded under windows 7, and maybe there had been updates/compatibility issues with 8 that would fix these issues, and that didn't fix the problem either. I knew that was a longshot, but I figured if I unistalled and reinstalled everything from the ground up some of my issues may be resolved. Every one of these games were so simple to set up in Windows 7. My only problem then, was in Dirt 3, I couldn't center the HUD much like the issue I'm having with F1 2012 now that I'm in windows 8. That problem is still there...

ONR Jake

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
I noticed something I didn't earlier with hitman absolution. The problem where the display only takes up the middle third of the middle screen goes away once I leave the menu/cutscenes. Gameplay is normal. Still very annoying. I just tried compatibility mode and it didn't change anything. I'm really confused... I'm afraid to try out the rest of my multi monitor games lol.

SovereignTripod

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013

Have you found a solution for the Hitman problem? I've got the same thing going on and have no idea how to fix it.