Integrated Graphics getting better FPS than my Dedicated Graphics

rocketsam

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
Hey guys, i wonder if you can help me out a little.

Alienware m14x, the dedicated graphics is GT 555m 3GB GDDR3 , the integrated is Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000.

Now the thing is when i run PS2 on my Dedicated graphics on really low res, with LOW everything and Render quality at about 10% (which makes it look like ***) i achieve about 25 FPS on my own and about <10 FPS if there is any fighting going on. It just makes the game unplayable really. Here is the GPU-Z image from using the Dedicated Graphics:

GPUZ_555m.gif

So what i can see here is that the dedicated GPU never goes about a 20% Load, which i thought was strange. Anyway this was giving me about 15 FPS, and 25FPS when im on my own (although it looks like ***)

GPUZ_HD3000.gif

So here is my Integrated graphics, the GPU load peaks all over the place but get this, at exactly the same settings on PS2 i get 20 - 30 FPS in a fight and 40 + FPS on my own,

So whats going on here then? i mean i can play it on my integrated graphics but it looks like ***!, and i have my dedicated graphics so i just want to play it at low settings with decent render quality.

So any idea guys?

Cheers

Ravyu

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
Have you tried a driver update yet? I am not sure if PS 2 supports mobile chipsets, and if so, you will have to get a driver update if you haven't done yet.

rocketsam

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
Yep i have the latest Nvidia driver for the GPU.

i went into the Nvidia Control panel, i had allready setup and added PS2 to be using the high performance Nvidia Processor, and still the intergrated graphics is running better in game.

its got me wacked!

Well it's the mobile card that isn't supported by PS2, since it has a really low usage either wait for a patch that will be included to support that gpu or some new nvidia verde driver(there is a high change also of not happening).

rocketsam

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
hey guys

Well it looks like i fixed it,

All i done was set the card to use the games settings , then delete the user preferences in the steam file, and pow the game now runs at 30FPS, occasionally dipping to 15FPS in large battles.

Cool

lol