Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Battlefield 3 memory blue screen crash

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 1, 2012 4:04:19 PM

Hey guys,

I just got BF3 premium installed but I have a problem...
I can't play for more than 3 minutes! After 3 minutes the game freezes with a horrible buzzing sound and then goes to a blue screen which at the bottom says something like " dumping physical memory..." (Same thing EVERY time!)

Any other game ( BFBC2 for an Dice game example) works fine.

My specs.
AMD FX 6100 stock clock
EVGA GTX 650 superclocked edition
GigaByte 970A-DS3
750w Apevia PSU ( sorry lost box forgot full name)
8GB corsair Vengance@1333mhz

Please help me!
December 1, 2012 4:07:17 PM

It'll always say dumping physical memory, what we need is whats at the top,
ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY will indicate a Memory error, but can also be caused generic driver crashes.

There's a program out there called "Blue Screen View" it'll tell you the codes your computer had on the blue screen as it was crashing. Can't remember where it comes from but try and find it.
m
l
December 1, 2012 4:19:40 PM

Alright I got it crash( lol ) at the top in caps it says Memory_management
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

December 1, 2012 4:47:51 PM

ok, that Memory management can be caused by faulty RAM, but also by faulty drivers, run a Memtest on your memory, if theres something wrong it'll pop up pretty quick. If nothing coming up, I'd wipe your video drivers and reinstall I haven't had a Nvidia card for a while now so I'm not sure if theres any bugs out for whatever version.
December 1, 2012 4:53:02 PM

Thanks for the fast replies :) 
By Mem Test you the thing I could launch with an MS-DOS disk?
Oh and BTW I just recently went from WIN8-WIN7 ultimate because I thought the error was WIN8...
m
l
December 1, 2012 9:21:16 PM

People say that the one you boot from a disk is more likely to turn up any problems, and they probably are. The ones that run in your OS i've used before too, it much quicker to set up and get running since your not burning to a disk, rebooting etc. It just depends on how much time you want to invest into doing this.
m
l
December 2, 2012 12:08:17 AM

mace200200 said:
People say that the one you boot from a disk is more likely to turn up any problems, and they probably are. The ones that run in your OS i've used before too, it much quicker to set up and get running since your not burning to a disk, rebooting etc. It just depends on how much time you want to invest into doing this.

Yup, I did if of a disk and it brought up problems... so...I took out 1 stick of RAM and I've been playing for 3 hours :) 
defiantly buying new RAM on Christmas. This is what i get for buying $40 RAM
m
l
December 2, 2012 12:10:08 AM

mace200200 said:

Oh and BTW I see you have a 7770... Do you think I should trade that for my 650?
m
l
December 2, 2012 6:31:14 PM

The 650's are neat because their so small, but compared to the 7770, the small performance increase the 650 has isn't worth the extra money. The 650 Ti though is a different story. If you want to upgrade your GPU look at this chart, you want to go at least 3 tiers higher than the one your card is one: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car...
So 7870/660Ti range is where I would look at.

Also $40 for RAM is the average price, I have my friends buy Kingston or Gskill brand stuff, I'm running DDR2 Gskill RAM from I'm not even sure how long ago and it's still working. Crucial and Patriot is good stuff too if you want to go a bit on the cheaper side for RAM.
m
l
December 2, 2012 11:58:31 PM

mace200200 said:
The 650's are neat because their so small, but compared to the 7770, the small performance increase the 650 has isn't worth the extra money. The 650 Ti though is a different story. If you want to upgrade your GPU look at this chart, you want to go at least 3 tiers higher than the one your card is one: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car...
So 7870/660Ti range is where I would look at.

Also $40 for RAM is the average price, I have my friends buy Kingston or Gskill brand stuff, I'm running DDR2 Gskill RAM from I'm not even sure how long ago and it's still working. Crucial and Patriot is good stuff too if you want to go a bit on the cheaper side for RAM.

Ok the RAM sounds good, But just out of curiosity...what could have caused my RAM to malfunction when two sticks are in?
m
l
December 5, 2012 8:06:30 PM

safstar said:
Ok the RAM sounds good, But just out of curiosity...what could have caused my RAM to malfunction when two sticks are in?

RAM can just go bad, sometimes it'll just ship out not quite right like any other component sometimes will. Try an RMA it,
m
l
December 10, 2012 10:45:53 PM

Best answer selected by safstar.
m
l
December 10, 2012 11:31:44 PM

So did the new RAM work out for you?
m
l
!