Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Building a gaming pc that can run bf3 on ultra

Last response: in Systems
Share
January 14, 2013 7:29:17 PM

Hello,
Yeah would like to build a gaming pc that can run bf3 on ultra at 50-60 fps i useing core i5 2500k
gtx 660 or gtx 560 with a z77 motherboard and 6gb of ram can this alone run bf3 at ultra or do i need to have a better graphics card or motherboard or cpu please help
a b V Motherboard
January 14, 2013 7:47:33 PM

Hi :) 

Budget ?

And yes you NEED a MUCH BETTER graphics card...

All the best Brett :) 
m
0
l
January 15, 2013 6:21:42 PM

my budget for a graphics card is 300-200$
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 81 V Motherboard
a b 4 Gaming
January 15, 2013 6:27:57 PM

A 660 ti from nvidia or a 7950 from amd, will get you those framerates on BF3.
You have a good cpu, and any z77 mobo will do for any card, 6GB ram is more than suffice for most games.
Don't forget to check if you have a decent psu with 500-600w.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
a b 4 Gaming
January 15, 2013 6:29:08 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
m
0
l
January 15, 2013 7:37:31 PM

djangoringo said:
A 660 ti from nvidia or a 7950 from amd, will get you those framerates on BF3.
You have a good cpu, and any z77 mobo will do for any card, 6GB ram is more than suffice for most games.
Don't forget to check if you have a decent psu with 500-600w.


im going to use a 600w power but for ultra in Battle Field 3 do i need to overclock the cpu or the gtx 660 ti graphic card?
Or do u think with this i should be fine.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
a b 4 Gaming
January 15, 2013 7:52:30 PM

Please note he said DECENT psu... even if it says 600w, if it's not reliable, then it's going to be putting out considerably less power.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
a b 4 Gaming
January 15, 2013 7:53:44 PM

What model 600w PSU? You can't just assume any 600w PSU will work. You might want to think about getting a CPU cooler if you don't already have one and overclock your CPU to 4.2-4.5Ghz. The Hyper 212 Evo(~$30) is one of the best coolers for the price.
m
0
l
January 15, 2013 7:58:39 PM

i have i5 2500k,8gig ram,nvidia gtx 670. runs it just fine at max.

more gpu not cpu.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
a b 4 Gaming
January 15, 2013 8:06:58 PM

ericlw said:
i have i5 2500k,8gig ram,nvidia gtx 670. runs it just fine at max.

more gpu not cpu.

Unless he plays in big multiplayer maps then it is very CPU intensive.
m
0
l
January 15, 2013 8:23:19 PM

i5 2500k is just fine. an i7 will not make it any better. the 2500k is still one of the top cpu's its not like is a dual core pentium.the 3570k isnt going to gain him anything.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
a b 4 Gaming
January 15, 2013 8:25:05 PM

ericlw said:
i5 2500k is just fine. an i7 will not make it any better.

I know this... I'm saying you should think about overclocking it if you have not already.
m
0
l
January 15, 2013 8:28:17 PM

bf3 runs around 60fps without any overclocking on my computer. i dont even run ssd's.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
a b 4 Gaming
January 15, 2013 8:42:12 PM

ericlw said:
bf3 runs around 60fps without any overclocking on my computer. i dont even run ssd's.

In multiplayer 64?
m
0
l
January 15, 2013 8:46:03 PM

im not going to argue worthless stats. he needs more gpu. not cpu. thats my opinion if you dont like it then dont use it.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
a b 4 Gaming
January 16, 2013 1:25:44 PM

ericlw said:
im not going to argue worthless stats. he needs more gpu. not cpu. thats my opinion if you dont like it then dont use it.


No need to get upset, I was just wondering if you could still keep 60 fps in large BF3 multiplayer maps....
m
0
l
January 16, 2013 9:49:01 PM

Derza10 said:
What model 600w PSU? You can't just assume any 600w PSU will work. You might want to think about getting a CPU cooler if you don't already have one and overclock your CPU to 4.2-4.5Ghz. The Hyper 212 Evo(~$30) is one of the best coolers for the price.

is this power supply any good http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Certified-Compatible-Plat... ?
with overclocking the i5 2500k to 4.2 ghz using the hyper cooler master and the http://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-WINDFORCE-PCI-Express-Gr... i should be at 50+ fps in bf3 on ultra right? :bounce: 
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
a b 4 Gaming
January 17, 2013 1:58:32 PM

wowplayeryak123 said:
is this power supply any good http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Certified-Compatible-Plat... ?
with overclocking the i5 2500k to 4.2 ghz using the hyper cooler master and the http://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-WINDFORCE-PCI-Express-Gr... i should be at 50+ fps in bf3 on ultra right? :bounce: 


Yes that is a decent PSU... Do you already have it or are you planning to buy it? I ask this because that is not a very good price for it... Are you able to order from newegg?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
January 17, 2013 7:17:23 PM

Derza10 said:
Yes that is a decent PSU... Do you already have it or are you planning to buy it? I ask this because that is not a very good price for it... Are you able to order from newegg?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Yeah im going to order it from Newegg. I don't have any of the parts yet caz this is my first time building a gaming pc so i don't want to *** it up. thanks for the help :)  :love: 
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
a b 4 Gaming
January 17, 2013 7:52:24 PM

wowplayeryak123 said:
Yeah im going to order it from Newegg. I don't have any of the parts yet caz this is my first time building a gaming pc so i don't want to *** it up. thanks for the help :)  :love: 

KK well its on sale till the 21st so get it before then if you can.
m
0
l
January 25, 2013 5:22:19 PM

does it need to gtx 660 ti or can it be gtx 660 for the graphics card
m
0
l
!