Sign in with
Your question

No display after I changed settings in BIOS

Last response: in Systems
January 15, 2013 9:03:51 PM

Hello, I recently built my first computer and am having issues getting it running. After initially installing all of the hardware I plugged it in and got into the BIOS screen. I changed the boot priority to 1. CD/DVD 2. HDD, after making this change I selected apply changes and reboot, from this point on I have been unable to get any video at all on my monitor.

I have already tried plugging in all of my sticks of RAM into all available slots, unplugging my video card and checking that both the 20+4 pin power connector as well as the 8 pin CPU power connector were attached.

Upon powering up the computer, all of the fans as well as the CPU run
here are my specs

MOBO: MSI Z77A G45 Thunderbolt

CPU: Intel core i7 3770k

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 670

PSU: Kingwin Maximim Power 650W

Any help is really appreciated, Thanks
January 15, 2013 9:14:26 PM

Have you tried, using only the integrated video (remove the 670)?
m
l
January 15, 2013 9:17:26 PM

i would try and reset the cmos on the motherboard. I didn't see a button on your motherboard for that, so you'll have to find the jumper setting to do it in your manual.
m
l
Related resources
January 15, 2013 9:47:34 PM

COLGeek said:
Have you tried, using only the integrated video (remove the 670)?

Yes
m
l
January 15, 2013 9:48:41 PM

danny2000 said:
i would try and reset the cmos on the motherboard. I didn't see a button on your motherboard for that, so you'll have to find the jumper setting to do it in your manual.

I reset the CMOS, now when I turn it on it shuts off after a few seconds then restarts (still no video)
m
l
January 15, 2013 10:10:34 PM

Did you try each stick of ram, one at a time? You indicated above, that you tried your ram in all available slots; That could mean different things.

I would also reseat the processor because the Intel HD graphics are not working either.
m
l
January 15, 2013 10:54:08 PM

I only used one stick at a time. I tried reseating the processor, still nothing
m
l
January 15, 2013 11:03:55 PM

Well it could be a defective motherboard you may need to RMA it back. Have you tried different RAM? Do you have another CPU you could sub?
m
l
January 15, 2013 11:13:39 PM

littleleo said:
Well it could be a defective motherboard you may need to RMA it back. Have you tried different RAM? Do you have another CPU you could sub?

I don't understand how the motherboard could be defective, since it booted up fine before I changed the settings.
m
l
January 15, 2013 11:23:49 PM

For Heaven's sake, check/replace the video cable. It should have been the first thing you checked but you nor anyone else mentioned it.

KISS
m
l
January 15, 2013 11:31:17 PM

JeauxBleaux said:
For Heaven's sake, check/replace the video cable. It should have been the first thing you checked but you nor anyone else mentioned it.

KISS

Already checked it on multiple monitors with multiple cables, both VGA and HDMI
m
l
!