Sign in with
Your question

Eyefinity x3 problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 1, 2012 8:59:35 PM

Hi, i have a problem with eyefinity x3. I've managed to put up eyefinity x3 with CCS and know that it works and everything but there's one problem, I cant see anything on my third monitor no matter what i do.

on the monitor im having problems with im using a VGA to DVI, DVI to DP (from shapphire so yes it works with eyefinity says active on the backside and eyefinity support) and DP to Mini DSP.

All my monitors are benq 24' monitors. Running crossfire but doubt that gonna be any problem.

so what can be the problem been on google and fourm trying to find an answer :??: 

More about : eyefinity problem

a b C Monitor
December 2, 2012 12:37:28 AM

Ok walk me through all 3 connections you have starting from the graphics card and going to your monitors.

If I understand you correctly on the third monitor you have:
Mini dp -> dp -> active adapter -> DVI -> VGA
Is this correct?

You said you're running crossfire ... are all three monitors hooked up to the same card?
December 2, 2012 9:56:38 AM

yes it's correct.

all three are hooked on the same card

:p 
Related resources
a b C Monitor
December 2, 2012 12:59:56 PM

Well that is a question I have asked as well. I currently own an active DP -> DVI adapter and asked if a mini dp->dp adapter could be used and then the active adapter and have not received an answer. I suppose you could try removeing the VGA connection from that cable and see if it works, but you may have answered my question. You may need an active mini-dp -> DVI adapter instead.
December 2, 2012 1:48:20 PM

gonna return my dvi - dp, for a dvi - mini dp and get a dvi cable (if i can afford, kinda poor after new monitor tickets to "the gathering" and a new keyboard :S)

and ill reply if the dp -mini dp was the prob or if the vga is the prob or both...

forgot to say running 69xx series cards, so no dp only mini dp
6950 and 6970 cards in crossfire

but yes im gonna reply later but i bought it on a web store so dont know when ill reply :p 
December 17, 2012 6:24:01 PM

ok got my dvi cable and dvi - mini dp active adapter.

i think both the cable and all the adapters was the problem, but my eyefinity x3 is running fine now thanks :D 
a b C Monitor
December 17, 2012 8:58:24 PM

I beleive it was that vga adapter at the end of the mDP chain that was your problem. DP is pure digital and the active DP adapter does not convert that signal to analog.
!