Monitor wont turn on after installing XFX R7870 Core Edition

zerix

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
HI everyone,

I recently bought a new video card the XFX 7870 core edition. I tried installing it when i got home, the card plugged into PCI-E x16, teeth in the slot and i tried plugging it into my monitor but post boot up the monitor wouldnt turn on. I did some research and realized that my PSU had insufficient connectors and watts to power the video card. So I got another PSU from a friend, the OCZ GameXstream 1010W. It was my first time putting in a power supply, but I seen it done before and looked up some videos to help me out. the process seemed relatively simple, i connected the 24 pin to my mother board, the sata connector to my sata, the CPU, the case fan and of course the video card (i dont have a cd-rom drive). After all this i was hoping it would work but again, the monitor wouldnt turn on. The power button would just flash just like before with the older PSU. So i put in my old video card to test it, same problem the monitor wont turn on. I tested the monitor on another computer and it worked fine, so it cant be the monitor. I cant use my onboard graphics card as well because the bios uses PCI-E as the primary graphics. I am out of ideas, can someone please help me out?

**Edit**

I forgot to mention that when i turn on my computer, the fan on the old and new video card are spinning

Ravyu

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

Great and have an awesome time with your new GPU