Msi ms7145

coolwilly

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Hello, i am using msi ms-7145 mobo, recently, when i attempt to boot up, the boot never starts. BIOS takes me past a screen allowing boot selection and BIOS selection then quits with blinking cursor. if i press F10 for boot selection while this message is displayed, i get several possible boot selections. if i select the main hard drive, boot starts immediately and OS loads and everything runs normally. any thoughts? Bill Linhardt, cwlinhardt@juno.com

You need a new BIOS battery (the watch battery on the mobo). Simply remove it, take it to Target/Walgreens/anywhere that carries watch batteries, and replace it with the same type. Be sure to reset the BIOS after installing, and then get into bios and change any settings you need to (if any).

Oh, also NEVER post your real name or e-mail address. You have just posted enough information for someone to make your life a living hell. Most of us here are great people (or at least we like to think we are pretty awesome :p ), but it only takes one bad apple to steal your name and e-mail and you will be getting enough embarrassing e-mail to make a congressman blush.