Sign in with
Your question

Problem with HD 7870 Gigabyte show black screen

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 1, 2012 10:25:51 PM

Hello everyone.
I bought a HD 7870 Gigabyte OC 2GB and until now I couldn't make work, infortunally it show black screen while the system work.
I tested a lot of things, i spend all day long trying to fix it but without success. Right now i have no idea what's going on.
Here's some points:
- I have a LG Flatron E2241, he don't have the DVI connection, just the D-SUB, so I need to use an adapter D-SUB > DVI;
- My energy font is a Cooler Master RS 600W PCAR-E3, I use 2 of 6 pins that already has with the font;
- The model of my motherboard is P8H67-V and my processor is a i5 2500;
- My motherboard have support for D-SUB and DVI, when I connect my monitor with the adapter -- i mean on the DVI connection -- it doesn't work;
- When I connect the energy cables on my Graphic card it show black screen even when it's connected on the motherboard;
- I thought the problem it was: My font, my adapter, my monitor and the configuration of my BIOS but like i said i have no idea.

So anw, I'm soo lost. :/ 
I'd be thankful for a help.

OBS: Sorry for my bad english.
a b U Graphics card
December 2, 2012 9:29:58 AM

Is your computer turning on perfectly? If you have those beepers on your motherboard, does it beep anything other than the usual single short beep?

I have a feeling it's got to be a problem with your monitor, have you tried connecting to any other monitor? I have a Samsung s23950d and my DVI connection has a problem with it.

Hope it helps! :bounce: 

m
l
December 2, 2012 9:35:47 AM

Ravyu said:
Is your computer turning on perfectly? If you have those beepers on your motherboard, does it beep anything other than the usual single short beep?

I have a feeling it's got to be a problem with your monitor, have you tried connecting to any other monitor? I have a Samsung s23950d and my DVI connection has a problem with it.

Hope it helps! :bounce: 

My computer is working perctly. When I connect the monitor cable on my graphic card it just beep once and I can hear the windows start.
I'll searh another monitor to test.

Thanks anyway.
m
l
Related resources
December 14, 2012 4:13:08 AM

Did you happen to do a fresh OS install recently?

I know of at least 3 people, myself included, who have had problems with their monitors after doing a fresh OS install with a chip that has integrated graphics and a discrete video card plugged in at the time of the install.

For me, Windows failed to install any support for the iGPU due to my HD 7870 being present. Indeed, the voltage settings for the iGPU didn't even show up in the bios.

I was experiencing black screens on startup, prior to getting to the logon screen.

I ended up disconnecting the HD 7870 and doing a full reinstall of the OS with only one monitor plugged into the iGPU and then only after the install was complete did I plug the HD 7870 and second monitor back in, and install drivers.

My brother had nearly identical issues with his HD 6850. My other computer had no problems at all in the same situation with an Nvideo GTX 560 Ti. My admittedly small sample size indicates Windows fails to adequately recognize AMD video cards when there's an onboard Intel integrated video chip.

A good test for it is to put a Windows install disk in and see if you can boot up to the install screen. If so, try doing an in-place upgrade install (which should leave everything alone), or worst case do a refresh and have to reinstall a bunch of stuff.
m
l
June 17, 2013 3:29:11 AM

sorry to revive a dead post, but did you ever find a solution ericz? Im having the same problem.
m
l
June 17, 2013 3:51:34 AM

spartansociety said:
sorry to revive a dead post, but did you ever find a solution ericz? Im having the same problem.

Yes, I did. The problem was my monitor, I mean, I couldn't use my fucking vga with that.
I sold my old monitor and I bought a monitor-tv with hdmi. Now I'm using the hdmi, my vga works fine and I can play whatever I want. :p 
m
l
August 2, 2013 6:34:13 PM

I had to turn off something to do with PCI Rom in my BIOS...figured that out after I had returned what was probably a good card, oops.
m
l

I had to turn off something to do with PCI Rom in my BIOS...figured that out after I had returned what was probably a good card, oops.
m
l

m
l
!