Can I fix this monitor?

TonyArnold2

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
Finally finished my first homebuilt, but the monitor resolution looks off. I tried to change the screen resolution in regular settings and nVidia control center settings, but neither fixed it. My monitor is the Viewsonic VX2453. What should I do? I'm running Windows 8 by the way.

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
ok first of do you have your video drivers installed?

also press one or what ever button it is to pull up info about monitor while display

-find info or about monitor
-there is should say what it is displaying at for example if you have a 1920x1080p monitor it could be at 720p resolution which would make it look granny

-if the res is off go to the control panel(dont have windows 8 not sure how to get -there)
-search monitor
-set up computer to use multiple displays
-on this window set teh res to your monitor(1920x1080p)
-set the orientation to landscape

hope this helps :D

be care full on new builds what video port you plug the monitor into. most new builds with intel cpu have build in ipgpu on the mb. most mb are set to output to that port first. so the nvidia drivers wont change anything on that port. if your using that port you need the intel or amd video drivers depending on your cpu and onboard video chipset. to fix this issue..boot into the bios and change the first video device from ipgpu to peg. the nsave and exit then move the video cable to the nvidia video card.boot into windows and see if the video changed.

jeffrey_t2000

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
having similar, but slightly different, issue.

VX2453MH-LED purchased and connected to Dell Lattitude laptop through port replicator.
- Replicator has VGA, DVI, and DEll DisplayPort output.
- Viewsonic has VGA and HDMI input.
So used VGA connection until my Dell Displayport to HDMI converter came. Display was great.

Now that the Displayport to HDMI adapter I ordered is here, I connected the monitor using that and the HDMI cable which came with the monitor. I am finding that the text and images are NOT as crisp with this new setup. I have checked:
- I have the latest drivers installed
- using 1920x1080 resolution (the same for both setups)
- any other connections and setting I can think of

I know just about everyone here says HDMI is better than VGA, but at this point I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out why my VGA display looks better for my general work, my photo editing, and video.

Any thoughts?
Also, have the same setup in my other office (using the same adapter cable) and am seeing the same thing.

One thought I had is the adapter, while I didn't get the Dell adapter, I didn't go for the cheapo $5 one either.