Looking for Sound Editing Software

Horizon

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2001
I am looking for some decent sound editing software that I can buy online and download. Or free-ware, whatever. Any suggestions?

~horizon

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001
The standards are Sound Forge (from Sonic Foundry), Cool Edit (Syntrillium) and WaveLab (Steinberg). Sound Probe (Hisoft) is a cheap and good editor too. Depending on your needs, you might get away with light versions of these editors. I recomend you download demos of all the editors as personal preference plays a big part in using these progs. Personally I favor wavelab for quick recording and soundforge for editing, but all of these are very good.

Dev

Just because people are following me does not mean I'm paranoid!

G

Cool Edit is my personal favorite, I think it's just easier to use than anything else (unless I'm just retarded) but other classmates use SoundForge and swear by it. It's supposedly somewhat more powerful of an editor, plus I heard it's a bit quicker in sampling as well as applying effects

G

Another vote for Sound Forge. I tried the lite version for a while. I would have stayed with it, but felt the need for plug-ins and REALLY liked the spectrum analyzer. It's massive over-kill for my purposes (mainly editing radio programs), but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

G

DEV has the right idear ...... its got to be COOLEDIT i have used so many i have lost count, but this is 1 that stickes in the mind. & i am sure you can doenload it !.

Good luck !!!!

linux has got to be better !