Install an e-mail program for craigslist

GQJARHEAD

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
I HAVE WIN7 AND WINDOWS LIVE MAIL INSTALLED BUT NOT SURE HOW TO CONFIGURE OR SET-UP TO ENABLE ME TO RESPOND TO CRAIGSLIST ADS. MY EMAIL IS ON YAHOO.COM-WHAT AM I NOT DOING CORRECTLY? jg351686

bulrush

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
If you click on a craigslist email hyperlink in your browser, your default email program should create a blank message to that address. What part are you having trouble with?
- What OS and OS version do you have? Win7
- What browser are you using?
- What email program and version do you have? Yahoo.com is who supports your email, but what is the software on your PC called which manages email for yahoo.com?

GQJARHEAD

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

MY OS IS WIN7 PROFESSIONAL
AM USING GOOGLE CHROME FOR CL SEARCHES/NORMAL SEARCHES USE IE8
FROM YAHOO HOME PAGE?
MOST OF MY MAILS COME IN THRU YAHOO.COM BUT I HAVE ANOTHER WORK
MAIL SOURCE THRU EARTHLINK.NET
SINCE WIN7 DID NOT HAVE A MAIL LINK AS I'M TOLD I INSTALLED WINDOWS LIVE MAIL FROM CD.

I'M NOT SURE WHAT ALL THIS MEANS BUT IT SEEMS THAT THE MAIL SYSTEM GETS MIXED UP WHEN I TRY TO REPLY TO CRAISLIST BECAUSE DURING THE REPLY PROCESS MY YAHOO MAIL PAGE POPS OPEN THEN GOES TO BLANK MESSAGE PAGE TO MAKE THE REPLY BUT IT DOES NOT LEAVE MY COMPUTER?
SO, I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT HAPPENS WITH THE WHOLE THING!

Read the link I posted, will tell you how to setup your default email client. That's what Windows tries to use when you click on a link containing an email address. Or you can just copy and past the email into a new message in the web client.