Solved

Seeking opinion on parts list

I've been on this forum for a while now, mostly trying to help others out but learning a lot for myself along the way.

I'm curious to see what kind of changes (if any) people would make to this build.

It's basically just a much grander version of what I'm running on now, but this is my version of the ultimate PC.
Let the games begin!
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about seeking opinion parts list
  1. I would get a way cheaper case. Then I would get a asrock extreme4
    Also look at the 7950, you don't need more than 750w
    I would only go with an i5 3570k
    You only need 8gb ram
    That 1tb hard drive is super overpriced. You can get one for about $80
    Why are you getting a dvd and blu ray drive?
  2. Well here would be my suggestions:

1. You don't need the second DVD drive - you can drop that.

2. Better SSD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227915

3. If the use is gaming then drop the 3770K to the 3570K and the 16GB of RAM to 8GB of RAM. Then upgrade your GPU to this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125423

4. Better cooler: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608022
  3. lt_dan-
    You want to basically change everything about my list without even knowing my intended use.

g-unit-
    Do you have any stats that show that SSD being better?
    That cooler isn't even compatible with the 1155 socket, but thanks anyway.
  4. Best answer
    Drop the PSU to 650w, don't get a gold one.
  5. Before this gets out of hand, I'll just say that this was mostly an exercise in excess, to put together a ridiculous list of parts that are way more than the average user would need, just for the hell of it and to see how people would rip it apart without even knowing what I plan to use it for. I'm actually very happy with my existing PC which is whisper quiet and plenty fast (boot under 10s from power off) but the responses are very interesting.
  6. Best answer selected by sharkbyte5150.
  7. sharkbyte5150 said:
    Before this gets out of hand, I'll just say that this was mostly an exercise in excess, to put together a ridiculous list of parts that are way more than the average user would need, just for the hell of it and to see how people would rip it apart without even knowing what I plan to use it for.

Maybe if you filled out this we could have helped, not our fault.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/353572-31-build-upgrade-advice

Maybe read some before typing useless things.
  8. sharkbyte5150 said:
    Before this gets out of hand, I'll just say that this was mostly an exercise in excess, to put together a ridiculous list of parts that are way more than the average user would need, just for the hell of it and to see how people would rip it apart without even knowing what I plan to use it for. I'm actually very happy with my existing PC which is whisper quiet and plenty fast (boot under 10s from power off) but the responses are very interesting.

This is the rudest thread I have ever seen on tomshardware. There was no reason for this post. I made your build a better gaming rig. If you don't frickin post what kind of build you want, everyone will suggest parts for a gaming rig. 90% of builds on this site are gaming rigs. Your "experiment" failed by the way. No one ripped apart that build, we just made it better. Then you give best answer to someone who gave the least amount of information, which is stuff we all did. You're just a dick and I'll make sure to never try to help on your threads ever again. Loser97, sorry if you read this and are offended. that isn't what I am intending.
  9. lt_dan_zsu said:
    This is the rudest thread I have ever seen on tomshardware. There was no reason for this post. I made your build a better gaming rig. If you don't frickin post what kind of build you want, everyone will suggest parts for a gaming rig. 90% of builds on this site are gaming rigs. Your "experiment" failed by the way. No one ripped apart that build, we just made it better. Then you give best answer to someone who gave the least amount of information, which is stuff we all did. You're just a dick and I'll make sure to never try to help on your threads ever again. Loser97, sorry if you read this and are offended. that isn't what I am intending.

I agree with you
  10. I never intended to offend anyone so to anyone in this thread I apologize for any time wasted.

Like I said, that list was just "my version" of the ultimate PC but since I didn't say what it was for I was curious if anyone would ask what I planned to do with it before telling me what changes to make. It was an ass backwards way of getting the same information because even if I had filled out the form (since it was assumed this was for gaming anyhow) the suggestions wouldn't have changed since they were all about cutting the excess.

Call me whatever you want but I've helped out a lot of people on here, in fact I typically focus on posts without answers so it's not just the most recent ones that get attention. This has been blown way out of context, which is why I made the second comment explaining my post.
  11. You could have said that before wasting all of our time.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product