Will AMD RADEON™ HD 6870 be enough for BO2?

Hello I just ordered an AMD RADEON HD 6870 and I was wondering if it had enough Graphic Capacity to run in a decent settings (around mid to high)

The rest of my pc is quite decent with a good CPU.
RAM - 8Gb
CPU- I7-37770K CPU 3.50Ghz
6 answers Last reply
More about will radeon 6870
  1. I think you can run medium settings with that card at least. High might be lowering the fps a little, but you can play around with the settings top find a good combination Hopefully this build is not solely for gaming because it would be a waste to have such a good cpu and a mid range gpu.
  2. what the heck is BO2?
  3. It depends on what resolution you play games
  4. The HD 6870 will provide good frame rates up to 1920x1080 in most games. I haven't played Black Ops 2, but I expect no problem with high-ish settings.
  5. Azn Cracker said:
    I think you can run medium settings with that card at least. High might be lowering the fps a little, but you can play around with the settings top find a good combination Hopefully this build is not solely for gaming because it would be a waste to have such a good cpu and a mid range gpu.

Thanks, Sadly the PC is minded for Gaming, I might have a mid range GPU, but I decided for it to be like that,well kinda, a lot better GPU would be around +200€, Though my GPU and Motherboard support Crossfire, so that could be an alternative.

lpedraja2002 said:
    what the heck is BO2?

Black Ops 2

Jan3s said:
    It depends on what resolution you play games

Thanks for info :)

Anonymous said:
    The HD 6870 will provide good frame rates up to 1920x1080 in most games. I haven't played Black Ops 2, but I expect no problem with high-ish settings.

Well I normally lower the resolution if frames get to low, For some reason I prefer lower resolution and better settings than vice versa. duno what is better, reso or settings.

Anonymous said:

Thanks :), Looks like I will have to play with my settings a bit :).
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon CPUs HD AMD Graphics