Twin monitors

giselle_58

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Hello,
I wanted two monitors, so I just bought two new ones for my desktop. Either work on one of the DVI ports, neither is detected on the other, not on the VGA port.
What am I missing, please?
Thanks

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Not detected by Windows? Or, not detected by Catalyst? Or, not detected by both?

Also, what vendor made your HD6670 and what model is it? What displays are you using (make/model)?

Last, to confirm, you are connecting to one monitor via DVI and one via VGA. Correct?

giselle_58

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Many thanks for your help.

Second monitor is not detected by either Windows or Catalyst.

HD 6670 is by AMD Radeon (is that the answer you were looking for?) in Advent DT1412 desktop.

Displays are Samsung S22A110N.

I am connectng to one monitor via DVI - each fine on its own. The other monitor connects neither through the second DVI port nor by VGA (via DVI-VGA adaptor).

Windows + p gives Computer Only/Duplicate/Extend/Projector Only options but does not activate second monitor.

?

COLGeek

Cybernaut

I am actually looking for who made your Radeon HD6670 (like Sapphire, HIS, etc). There is usually a label on the backside of the video card with the info.

You should not be using a VGA adapter with you second DVI port. It is a digital only port (on most HD6670s) and it can't translate the VGA (analog) connection.

With only one monitor attached, to the second DVI port (with a DVI cable, of course), does the monitor display correctly?

poweruser_24

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
Do your DVI cables have the same PIN configuration?

I found that on my new monitors, they required full DVI dual link cables, rather than DVI single link cables that I was previously using.

Good point, are they dvi-d or dvi-i ports, dvi-d ports are digital only.

I'm presuming that putting windows + P onto extended desktop did not wake your other monitor up.