Sign in with
Your question

Planetside2 fps problem, possible bottleneck?

Last response: in Systems
January 16, 2013 10:07:41 AM

Hey guys,

It's my first post on this forum so yeah, hehe i hope i am posting this in the right category.

I recently started playing planetside 2 alot, and it annoys me that i am only getting around 35-50 fps on high settings (max)
Could there possibly be a bottleneck in my system?
these are my specs:

Motherboard: ASRock 990FX Extreme3
Memory: Corsair Vengeance - 8 GB
Psu: Be quiet! Straight Power E9-580W/CM
processor:AMD Black Edition - AMD FX 8350 - 4 GHz 8core.
gpu: MSI R7870 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC
SSD: Intel 330 120gb

So yeah, hope someone can help me with this.

Regards,
LeAquisite.
a b B Homebuilt system
January 16, 2013 5:24:55 PM

Lower your graphical settings a bit and shoot for a constant 60FPS. That should help smooth out the game for the majority of the time. The FPS will also dip in really active areas where it can hammer your CPU a bit. There are a lot of players so your system has to account for them. The game itself has some optimization issues, which is mentioned in many online reviews of the game. Even on a high end system you will see occasional lags because of game performance.
January 16, 2013 6:06:22 PM

There are guides out there on what to change in the userconfig file which can helped me gain about 20 fps so the game is actually playable now. You can check to see what is holding back your performance by pressing crtl+F while you're playing. Mine is completely gpu limited as I have a 3570k, but am still using a 6870.

I run on a mostly medium preset for the graphics settings, but have some of the values change in the userconfig file and with this I see anywhere from 45-80 fps.
Related resources
January 16, 2013 10:01:02 PM

jay2tall summed it up. The game is not as optomized as it should be. Just lower the settings a bit and wait for patches.
January 17, 2013 6:36:49 AM

jthill909 said:
There are guides out there on what to change in the userconfig file which can helped me gain about 20 fps so the game is actually playable now. You can check to see what is holding back your performance by pressing crtl+F while you're playing. Mine is completely gpu limited as I have a 3570k, but am still using a 6870.

I run on a mostly medium preset for the graphics settings, but have some of the values change in the userconfig file and with this I see anywhere from 45-80 fps.

I see,

Thanks guys for the info.
I checked the crtl+F it's most times green/yellow.
Also overclocked my gpu a bit, but it didn't make any noticeable differences in my fps.

I guess it's just waiting now for the new patches then..

Regards,
LeAquisite.
!