Sign in with
Your question

I just lost my background weird ?!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 2, 2012 4:06:50 AM

So i was just surfing the web, and suddenly my windows 7 theme, or wallpaper reseted or something like that im not sure, but i lost my background image... Anyone knows anything about this, im not sure if my comp is doing something wrong or if its something else.

Thanks, good day

More about : lost background weird

December 2, 2012 5:44:11 AM

Your computer might be in power saving mode which I believe can change some personalization settings.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 2, 2012 6:11:57 AM

do you have a legitimate copy of windows (and activated?) as this behavour can be caused by an invalid or non-registered copy of windows.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 2, 2012 6:45:21 AM

^^ it could be that your windows isnt genuine. It will say it on the bottom right of the desktop, or if you go to computer > system properties and scroll to the bottom and see if its activated.
m
l
December 3, 2012 6:18:14 PM

Ok, so i checked everything and my windows is genuine ( no problem there ), so i changed my power options to High performance since it was on balance, now my processor doesnt seem to idle as much as he would before, is this normal ? And is this bad ?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2012 7:53:40 PM

bjsm said:
Ok, so i checked everything and my windows is genuine ( no problem there ), so i changed my power options to High performance since it was on balance, now my processor doesnt seem to idle as much as he would before, is this normal ? And is this bad ?

Thats what it does when set to high performance, it wont idle it will just pump power out the whole time.
m
l
December 3, 2012 7:55:52 PM

And is this bad for the processor ?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2012 9:53:37 PM

bjsm said:
And is this bad for the processor ?

Oh sorry forgot to answer that, no its not. As long as its staying at a good temp then your fine. Here is a program that you can monitor that with:

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
m
l
!