Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard choice

Last response: in Systems
January 16, 2013 11:20:05 AM

Hello guys , so i just bought a new case (nzxt 410) to basically replace my z200 sff workstation one and
replace some parts like the GPU and PSU. The thing is that my motherboard is a BTX which is a pain if not
impossible to fit especially for a newbie like me. I think my best bet is buying a new ATX motherboard to
replace it. My processor is an Intel Xeon 3430 2,4GHz . Could you recommend me a motherboard that is
compatible to it but also has the potential to store a newer CPU when i get the money to upgrade it ? My budget right now is around 150 $ and my pc is mainly used for gaming. Thanks in advance.

More about : motherboard choice

a b B Homebuilt system
a c 435 V Motherboard
January 16, 2013 1:54:46 PM

Your old cpu takes an outdated motherboard, so it's not feasable to upgrade it later. 1156 boards are getting hard to find.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... (looks like this board will run with regular ecc ram, not buffered or registered. Non ecc rarely works if at all with xeon cpus. Gigabyte may also make a board that works with it; My advice in a nutshell, sell the xeon and use the $$ for a regular socket 1155 cpu.
!