SoundBlaster Extigy Opinions?

G

Hey Everyone,

It seems creative has dished out another SoundBlaster, the Extigy, a USB-based external sound card that will retail for about $150. Does anyone know what the quality of this card will be like, compaired to the Audigy? I'm currently debating which one to get for my system and any opinions on this would be greatly apriciated.

Thank you,
Vincent

Novakain

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
On paper it has similar spec's to the Audigy, and it looks like a good idea. I've heard some horror stories about external sound devices before though, and because it's a creative product, it might pay to wait until it's been in the real world for a while first, to see if there are any bugs & flaws that it has.

G

Well, after building 3 of my PCs, I can assure you that I have no problems installing a PCI Soundcard, I was just a little curious abut the Extigy. I'm kinda disapointed they used USB on it, for a high end external card...er.. device, I'd expect it to use FireWire.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Always wait for reviews, that's my advice.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>