6230 email

Does anyone use the nokia 6230 email client?

I'm maybe missing something to enable this, but the ability to download
headers only is very useful to me- can you enable this? ( i used to have
t610 (SE) with which it was possible)

can you recomend a MIDP alternative? pref. IMAP.

cheers.
2 answers Last reply
More about 6230 email

    Yep. I use it all the time.

    You'll need the settings from your phone provider.

    When downloading your mail, it will just show the headers, and should you
    wish to read the whole mail, then a simple click (button press) will show
    you the mail, albeit presenting itself over a couple/few "pages".

    You won't be able to see attachments though, only plain text.

    You should be able to get the settings from the Nokia web page, or your
    phone provider, as stated above.
    I am with Vodafone, and the default settings are for CSD (dial up). IF
    you're withVodafone** you should be able to get the GPRS settings instead,
    but this will involve speaking with a human! as opposed to the automatic
    settings that could be sent to use as a text/service message.

    ** I know that you can get the GPRS settings from Vodafone, but I don't know
    whether Orange, T-mobile, 02 have GPRS configs.

    Cheers

    "sgcu" <sgcu@backwards.uk.co.demon.sgcu> wrote in message
    > Does anyone use the nokia 6230 email client?
    >
    > I'm maybe missing something to enable this, but the ability to download
    > headers only is very useful to me- can you enable this? ( i used to have
    > t610 (SE) with which it was possible)
    >
    > can you recomend a MIDP alternative? pref. IMAP.
    >
    > cheers.

    cheers.

    I was used to the sony I had which only downloads the header. it only
    downloads the content once you click on it.

    seems that the nokia downloads everything (header + content) in advance
    - annoying if you know you don't care about that mail at the time.

    I was hoping that I was missing something, but seems not.

    Kevin I Chapple wrote:
    > Yep. I use it all the time.
    >
    > You'll need the settings from your phone provider.
    >
    > When downloading your mail, it will just show the headers, and should you
    > wish to read the whole mail, then a simple click (button press) will show
    > you the mail, albeit presenting itself over a couple/few "pages".
    >
    > You won't be able to see attachments though, only plain text.
    >
    > You should be able to get the settings from the Nokia web page, or your
    > phone provider, as stated above.
    > I am with Vodafone, and the default settings are for CSD (dial up). IF
    > you're withVodafone** you should be able to get the GPRS settings instead,
    > but this will involve speaking with a human! as opposed to the automatic
    > settings that could be sent to use as a text/service message.
    >
    > ** I know that you can get the GPRS settings from Vodafone, but I don't know
    > whether Orange, T-mobile, 02 have GPRS configs.
    >
    > Cheers
    >

    > "sgcu" <sgcu@backwards.uk.co.demon.sgcu> wrote in message
    >
    >>Does anyone use the nokia 6230 email client?
    >>
    >>I'm maybe missing something to enable this, but the ability to download
    >>headers only is very useful to me- can you enable this? ( i used to have
    >> t610 (SE) with which it was possible)
    >>
    >>can you recomend a MIDP alternative? pref. IMAP.
    >>
    >>cheers.

Nokia Email