Using an SB24 Flash with Nikon D50

Last response: in Digital Camera
July 31, 2005 12:11:51 AM

Hi... I am looking at a new Nikon D50 or D70s and I am curious: what
will happen if I try to use an older SB24 Flash with the camera? Will
it work at all, or is it a must to upgrade that to a new flash like the
SB600 or 800?

Thanks for your help, John.

More about : sb24 flash nikon d50

Anonymous
July 31, 2005 5:34:00 AM

http://www.photo.net/equipment/nikon/D70/

Works with D70 according to the review above, so should be same for D50 and
D70s.

"John M" <jsak@centurytel.net> wrote in message
news:p dOdnZIL-f7LuHHfRVn-jQ@centurytel.net...
> Hi... I am looking at a new Nikon D50 or D70s and I am curious: what will
> happen if I try to use an older SB24 Flash with the camera? Will it work
> at all, or is it a must to upgrade that to a new flash like the SB600 or
> 800?
>
> Thanks for your help, John.
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 5:48:01 AM

John M <jsak@centurytel.net> wrote:

> Hi... I am looking at a new Nikon D50 or D70s and I am curious: what
> will happen if I try to use an older SB24 Flash with the camera? Will
> it work at all, or is it a must to upgrade that to a new flash like the
> SB600 or 800?

You just won't have TTL auto flash metering. Other than that it will work.

--
Jeremy | jeremy@exit109.com
July 31, 2005 12:45:10 PM

"John M" <jsak@centurytel.net> skrev i meddelandet
news:p dOdnZIL-f7LuHHfRVn-jQ@centurytel.net...
> Hi... I am looking at a new Nikon D50 or D70s and I am curious: what will
> happen if I try to use an older SB24 Flash with the camera? Will it work
> at all, or is it a must to upgrade that to a new flash like the SB600 or
> 800?
>
> Thanks for your help, John.

You can get it flashing without a camera!
You can also use it as a slave flash with an flash trigger!

Pepe
!