Processor: Intel i7 3770k
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 1600mhz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
PSU: Corsair HX 1050
Storage: Intel 520 SSD 120gb
Case: Cosmos 2
Phanteks CPU cooler

Just can not get it to work.

Have installed fresh copy on windows 7 64 bit on to the ssd. Installed all the drivers from website. Updated BIOS to latest version and am still having problems

Firstly, when it turns on. I turn it on, it will then turn itself off and on, off and on anywhere from 5 - 20 times before properly turning on and staying on.. what is this about?!

Next if I install the intel hd4000 drivers for the onboard graphics, it will work fine till reboot, then it'll turn on and everything will come up with errors then it will blue screen. I have to go back in to safemode and uninstall the driver so I can use it. Only works with standard VGA driver.
I then decided to put my graphics card in, (Nvidia GTX 295) installed the latest drivers, disabled onboard (even in BIOS) and this will also cause it to blue screen.

Next if the SSD is plugged in to the Intel chipset SATA ports on the motherboard, it will crash on boot. Only boots if its connected to the marvel chipset SATA ports.

Anyone give me any advice at all? At a loss

Spud

More about : custom build issues

January 17, 2013 12:12:51 AM

im just kinda shooting for the thing that I know... did you plug the extra 8pin connector on your motherboard? (should be on top left)

and do you get a code on your motherboard? (debug LED top right)
January 17, 2013 7:02:47 AM

Yes plugged it in, even plugged in the extra sata power connector . Yep get debug codes, but looking them up there all standard booting from hard disk etc
!