Sign in with
Your question

I dont which which graphic card to choose?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 2, 2012 2:13:33 PM

hey guys my name is cloudhalo and hello to all, since this is my first post. ok im playin a first person shooter an its a really old game its called enemy territory quake wars, and ive talk to alot of pro people for this game an they have it running at 400-600 frames per second, i can only do with my card 120-180. and yes the more frames u get the better the gameplay, i even try 60 fps(MONITOR HERZ) vs 120 an there is a big difference, now i got 2 graphic cards to choose from an i need to choose 1 but i cant decide, here r the links

http://www.microcenter.com/product/386982/GeForce_GTX_5...

http://www.microcenter.com/product/388216/NVIDIA_GeForc...

if u want to see there specs just click on the specs tab, now my pc has a 750 watt powersupp but i had it for like 4 years so its probably not 750 anymore, but dont worry i have all the right components to run these cards its just i dont know which one will give me more frames per second? because the only difference is the 1 for 179.00 uses 20 more watts an has more cudas/streams processors, money is not an issue altho i wont pay over 200. so can u guys please help me choose one that will give me better performance both visual and frames per second, and if u could find out how much memory bandwidth and texture fill rate link number 2 has since it does not say under the specs tab. thanks for the help. LONG LIVE TOM

my graphic card is a nvida gts 250 xfx
and i forgot to say i want it to only be nvida and pci-e 2.0 x16 my system cant take 3.0
a b U Graphics card
December 2, 2012 2:33:37 PM

Might I suggest..
http://www.microcenter.com/product/400655/11200-16-20G_...

It's the top end of your budget, so you will get the most out of it. The 2GB will benefit certain modern games (if you play them), like BF3, etc. AANNDD FAR CRY 3 FREEEE!! Gosh I would be so jealous if you bought this...

You know what, don't buy, I don't like it when someone gets a better deal than me :p 

Im just joking about the don't buy part, but the HD 7850 is very good for what you get.

Happy Gaming!!
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 2, 2012 3:34:19 PM

For your needs the second GPU you listed will be more then fine to run the game you listed.
List the following: by Brand and Details
- MOBO
- PSU
- Case
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 2, 2012 3:37:16 PM

avenseth12 said:
For your needs the second GPU you listed will be more then fine to run the game you listed.
- MOBO
- PSU
- Case

Bbbuttt... Far Cry 3! Who wouldn't want Far Cry 3 free!!
m
l
December 2, 2012 4:10:36 PM

avenseth12 said:
- MOBO
- PSU
- Case

any reason y it would be better ty
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 2, 2012 5:12:24 PM

The cards are basically the same. You will see a slight increase in performance from the Ti version. Here is some benchmark data:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-560-amp...

The reason I asked about your case is to make sure the cards you listed will fit in your case and your PSU that is 4 years old will hold up
m
l
December 2, 2012 6:08:09 PM

ye like i said in my first post my rig can handle it, also i did not post any ti graphic card based on the specs on the website neither card is overclock, so u think i should get the 2nd card,
and do u think its gonna give me 400 fps on a old game. here is a fact i got, a gtx 460 gives 300-500fps. based on that fact u think the 2nd graphic card will give me more frames than the first link and be within the 300-500 range.

my rig has a intel i7 Inside at 2.5 gigherz
my mobo is a gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 2, 2012 8:51:12 PM

You can see the benchmarks on a currrent game. Both cards should be able to produce that but you will have to install and try it
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2012 3:00:51 AM

How about a GTX 650 ti? It matches the power of the GTX 560 ti and is extremely low in power consumption, plus AC3 free. Awesome game to try out
m
l
!