Ticking noise.

CalvinL

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2012
I recently got a PC there at Christmas. Custom built. Anyway, I started it up today and halfway through a game, I heard a ticking noise coming from the front fans of the case (Sharkoon T9 blue). I'm just wondering how do I make it stop? It generally is a few ticks for a few minutes and then it stops and later continues again.

Specs:
Intel i5 3470
Gtx 650ti
1tb hard drive
8gb corsair RAM
500W corsair bronze builder series PSU.

First I would make sure there is nothing in the fan like wires, zip ties, that kind of thing. if there is nothing then it is in the fan motor its self there could be multi reasons for this. The fan could be bad, there is some thing in the motor, the bearing could be bad allowing the armature to rub on the magnet.

That is true, like I said check for things in the fan, if not pinpoint which fan is making the noise, unhook it, boot and see if it stops

dragonlord12832

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
After you check for things in the fan and confirm that there isn't any. Then you could invest in a silencing kit. They cost about $4 and basically consist of rubber pieces for the fan to help eliminate noise. Of course, a little WD-40 might help as well!