sunnyrokxx

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
My Specs

AMD Phenom X4 970BE 3.5Ghz
AMD HD 5770
Crosair Vengeance 2X4 8GB RAM
500 Watts PSU

I experience lagg/micro shutter when playing games. BF3 MP laggs but Single player runs totally fine.

Other games like HitmanAbsolution also shutters. Although FPS shows between 45-75

Please someone tell me what seems to be the Problem. This is driving me nuts.

Solution

Ahh, ok that's a *distinct* possibilty. The Safe max temp range for a 970BE is 60-65c, and the stock AMD coolers barely cut the mustard. I'd grab an aftermarket cooler for $20-25 and some new thermal paste. Most folks around here would suggest the coolermaster hyper 212.
The artifacts point to either a memory or overheating issue with the card, assuming you are using the most current drivers. Given that your framerate is dropping along with the artifacts popping up, heat is my first guess. I would start by checking your card temps during gameplay with GPU-Z.

Micro *stutter* is an issue that occurs with 2 cards setups in SLI/crossfire. It does not happen with a single card.

good luck!

Actually, microstuttering is stuttering that happens within a second, and therefore does not show up when measuring FPS. Long time-to-render-one-or-more-frames (frametimes) are microstuttering and have many causes. http://techreport.com/review/21516/inside-the-second-a-new-look-at-game-benchmarking

Here, I'll fix that... It does happen in single-card configs, depending on the CPU, GPU, and game used. For example - check out the microstuttering on th GTX 650Ti in this review: http://techreport.com/review/23690/review-nvidia-geforce-gtx-650-ti-graphics-card/4
And pretty much any configuration running Arkham City - that game is full of microstutter.

It's just most common on multi-card configs - especially using mid-lower-end cards.

I had some serious microstuttering while playing Crysis 2 DX11 with an Athlon II X2 + HD 6870. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS6W6DWNPHM&feature=plcp
Turns out not being able to run more than 2 threads can cause major microstuttering in most DX11 games. Check out the BF3 and Crysis 2 benchmarks in this review: http://techreport.com/review/23662/amd-a10-5800k-and-a8-5600k-trinity-apus-reviewed/10
crysis2-intel-ivylow.gif

The wiki covers that, it just says it's very rare. If he's trying to run BF3 @ 1920x1080 on a 5770 with anything but minimal settings...I'd say that's the issue right there.

Well, that's the main issue for sure.

May be the CPU overheating and throttling too.

sunnyrokxx

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
Thank you for the replies.

I run @ 1366X768 resolution.

Guys P.S: i used to play the game(BF3 multiplayer) perfectly ok. This started happening and other game titles also showed signs. I ran prime for 4 hrs torture test showed no signs of problem. I can upgrade to AMD 7850. But i don't wanna spend now until i know the root cause. I may end up having the same lag issue.

Also this lag thing starts happening after 5mins of gameplay.

Folks please help me with this.

sunnyrokxx

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
Thank you for the replies.

I run @ 1366X768 resolution.

Guys P.S: i used to play the game(BF3 multiplayer) perfectly ok. This started happening and other game titles also showed signs. I ran prime for 4 hrs torture test showed no signs of problem. I can upgrade to AMD 7850. But i don't wanna spend now until i know the root cause. I may end up having the same lag issue.

Also this lag thing starts happening after 5mins of gameplay.

Folks please help me with this.

Ahh, ok that's a *distinct* possibilty. The Safe max temp range for a 970BE is 60-65c, and the stock AMD coolers barely cut the mustard. I'd grab an aftermarket cooler for $20-25 and some new thermal paste. Most folks around here would suggest the coolermaster hyper 212.

Solution

sunnyrokxx

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012

Well it never happened before, BF3 MP started lagging and as new titles released, i could experience the lag in all the games.

Darksiders 2
Ghost Recon Future Soilder
MOHWF- Multiplayer only
NFSMW 2012
Hitman Absolution

The lag appears only after 5mins start of gameplay and keeps shuttering now n then. What i am trying to say is the gameplay is not smooth. After 5mins in the game, Agent 47 seems to be limping his way through out the gameplay.

sunnyrokxx

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012

Hmmmm, i would buy your advice, but while gaming CPU is never on 100% load. The temp 69 C was when i ran Prime.

Also why only in Multiplayer?

BF3 & MOHWF SP runs smooth!!

randomhkkid

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012

Multiplayer is very CPU intensive whereas single player is more GPU dependant.

Status
Not open for further replies.