Msi lightning or sapphire vapor x ghz

9 answers Last reply
More about lightning sapphire vapor
  1. Vapor x. 3 free games plus it has hdmi in place of the mini display ports, which would be easier to work with if you ever get 3 monitors. Both should perform well.

Not that it matters but appearance-wise that lightning has an amazing looking backplate while the vapor x has a illuminated sapphire logo I believe.
  2. MSI looks amazing. I'd get that :P. It should also overclock much better. Lastly, it has 6 ports, over 4 on sapphire one.
  3. Actually, they both have 3 free games...I just can't choose...the more input the better.
  4. The two DVI ports on the MSI Radeon HD 7970 Lightning are single link only.

If you're planning on using a display with a resolution of 2560x1440 or 2560x1600, or anything using 120 Hz, you must either have a monitor with DisplayPort input or you will need to buy an active DisplayPort to dual-link DVI adapter.
  5. I am using a standard monitor, so that shouldn't be a problem.
  6. ko888 said:
    The two DVI ports on the MSI Radeon HD 7970 Lightning are single link only.

If you're planning on using a display with a resolution of 2560x1440 or 2560x1600, or anything using 120 Hz, you must either have a monitor with DisplayPort input or you will need to buy an active DisplayPort to dual-link DVI adapter.

Where did you get that from? They are both dual link DVIs.
  7. no they're single link, but like I said that doesn't really matter to me! I just want to know which card will perform better.
  8. Yea my bad. Ports are dual link, but provide only single link interface. Had me fooled there!
  9. Out of the box the SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100351VXSR Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB is ever so slightly better performing due to its higher Memory Clock.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Sapphire Graphics Product MSI-Microstar