Sapphire HD 6850 2GB Stock

Lately I've been looking for a second 6850 2GB version to crossfire with my current one as I hope to upgrade monitor size soon. Sadly though I've been looking and it's not in stock anywhere
You guys seem to know your graphics cards so I ask you this:
How can I know for sure if it has stopped being produced, and can you find any place that still sells them?

All replies are appreciated, thanks
11 answers Last reply
More about sapphire 6850 stock
  1. Also an additional note: If it is discontinued, is there anything else I can Crossfire with the 6850 2GB for good results?
  2. Firstly, is your current card a 2GB too? If it is 1GB, then the SLI will cut of the extra 1GB from the 2 GB version, making it pointless to buy it.

If the graphic cards are out of stock and are older versions, it's most likely because they have stopped producing. Your 2 best bets of finding one are-

1. Buying a 2nd hand from someone else
    2. Look for any clearance sale and check if they have one.
  3. SamPerrins said:
    Also an additional note: If it is discontinued, is there anything else I can Crossfire with the 6850 2GB for good results?

You can crossfire with a 1 GB HD 6850 card, but as I said above, SLI will cut the 1GB from your current card, making it 1GB.
  4. Ravyu said:
    Firstly, is your current card a 2GB too? If it is 1GB, then the SLI will cut of the extra 1GB from the 2 GB version, making it pointless to buy it.

If the graphic cards are out of stock and are older versions, it's most likely because they have stopped producing. Your 2 best bets of finding one are-

1. Buying a 2nd hand from someone else
    2. Look for any clearance sale and check if they have one.

Yes My current card is a 2GB version

I've heard rumors about performance issues with a 2GB and 1GB Crossfired though, is it completely safe?
    Also do you know any good online second hand shops I could look for one in?

Thanks again
  5. Its safe, but your awesome 2GB will be put to waste. And as for second hand shops, it is not recommended you search online, as they won't have warranty and you can't test it on the spot. If some of the parts in the GPU have melted or something, there is nothing you can do to get your money back. Look around your town and see if anyone sells second hand GPU's, its much safer that way.
  6. Okay, the closest place I live to that might sell one is Taunton, if not I can always take a trip up to Bath or somewhere. Do you know how big the difference between two crossfired 2GB's and one 2GB, one 1GB would be?
  7. SamPerrins said:
    Okay, the closest place I live to that might sell one is Taunton, if not I can always take a trip up to Bath or somewhere. Do you know how big the difference between two crossfired 2GB's and one 2GB, one 1GB would be?

Actually, not much. Probably a 5 % loss for the 2GB + 1 GB (technically, its just 1 GB :) )
  8. Ravyu said:
    Actually, not much. Probably a 5 % loss for the 2GB + 1 GB (technically, its just 1 GB :) )

Thanks a bunch then, I'll see if I can find anywhere that sells the 2GB but if not a 1GB would save more money, I appreciate the help
  9. Don't forget to choose best answer to close the thread :p

And Happy Gaming!
  10. Not sure how to choose one (first time posting) so I'll just leave it open for more suggestions :)
  11. SamPerrins said:
    Not sure how to choose one (first time posting) so I'll just leave it open for more suggestions :)

No problem >_0
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Sapphire Graphics